X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did we get?????????????????? Don't mean notin ...BS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs6iMjv2MXg
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

its all good...…….like they say...…….all gave some, some gave all. bottom line john, like one of my buddies said...…….2 million pissed off MF's

Comment

Yea, at least we came back and in one piece more or less. good be on ya Jeff.
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I was drafted in 69....took my oath in Cleveland Ohio....lived 15 minutes from Kent State University....got to my unit in 1st of May 1970.....body bags coming in from Hill 714.....4 dead in Ohio....400 + in May in Nam....came home to ...you guessed it...… Would I go AGAIN???? Damn straight!!!!! Good to see again Half Pint n Gunner

Comment

What I find sadly ironic, or ironically sad, is that the original lyrics of this music describe how Johnny came home as a pitiful amputee, so much so that his girl "hardly knew him". No marching for Johnny any more, no happy return. Now, back in the day, the original Johnny could only be put on the street to beg, exactly as the lyrics say; the British army did not care very much for maimed veterans. If lucky, they might rely on parish charity. The veterans coming home from Vietnam could at least rely on help from the state, but I've seen more than one comment to the tune that the VA still left something to be desired.
          Michele

Comment

The only positive thing that I can see that came out of that war was the chance to combat test a lot of new gear, and the Soviet SAM defense system. We utterly failed to achieve any of our major objectives.

I have often thought that that was the real reasoning behind the whole thing...and the economic boost the war gave to the defense contractors. We also proved what we already knew: No one can properly fight a war from the comfort of the Oval Office. Once the politicians have taken it to that level it's time for them to disappear back into the woodwork and let the professionals fight.

We almost destroyed the professional military during the course of that war, and we forever altered the American culture and destroyed all faith in the government in the process.

Kennedy was right: wrong war in the wrong place for the wrong reasons.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

One of my observations after 50 years...my 2 cents...I believe we were at the beginning fighting for the right thing....and done a pretty good job kicking Charlies A.. by the time I left...pretty much out of country and chasin the NVA back and forth into Laos and Cambodia....the North Koreans were in my opinion just as tough OR tougher than the the NVA...

Comment

What was different between the two countries.....was that Korea was a Peninsula....which we didn’t have that advantage...would be like drawing a line in the sand in Florida from Tampa to Daytona....water on both sides...no Laos no Cambodia....we kicked their A..es but couldn’t chase...

Comment

No win situation....I proudly served and walked point my whole tour with B Co 2/502nd Infantry 101st Airborne in and around the Ashau Valley my whole tour....I know I’ll never make General here cause I don’t post enuff...I made general tho in the Nam....They say I was a General f.....kin nuisance!!!! BTW what happened to General Si? Russell

Comment

One thing America did get out of Vietnam was a New Model Military, rather like Cromwell's New Model Army.

Vietnam was a wakeup call that all was not roses in the United States military of the day
                    My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                    GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                    Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

the point of the "spear" was as good as any ever seen...…...it was the idiots throwing it...……
                      Good to see ya "grunt"...…..

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        You got a fellow Democrat!

My worst jump story:
                        My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
                        As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
                        No lie.

~
                        "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
                        -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

I keep seeing another image of her in all the VFW and American Legion restrooms...

Comment

THIS is really what it's all about:- it does no harm to hear an anti-war song occasionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcJR9y4bLHA

"I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
                            Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X