Latest Issue of Vietnam Magazine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Issue of Vietnam Magazine

In case you missed it, our former beloved Phieu of these forums had a center piece story in the latest issue. It was quite an interesting piece I have to admit which put a different look on the battle of the Chu Pong/Ia Drang.
    I didn't see it was by him at first but the detail and precision of presentation seemed all too familiar - then I saw the photo, his brother Lt General Hieu and it all clicked and made sense. It took me back to his pre-ban times of lengthy, detailed lectures.

The story itself was very interesting and I'm certain there was a mountain of information left out because it's a magazine and not a novel- But it was one of the best written stories I've seen in the mag for a long time I have to give credit there.

I remember him...…….he had some very interesting and detailed comments.

Comment

phieu,is a revisionist
      Last edited by hankwill; 05 Sep 18, 22:51.
      The history addict asked me,"Where did you fought?"
      Me...Damn..."I'm not sure."

Comment

Originally posted by hankwill View Post
        phieu,is a revisionist
        As are so many "historians" these days. *sigh*
        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Originally posted by Leonardo63 View Post
          It took me back to his pre-ban times of lengthy, detailed lectures.
          It wasn't lectures (plural), but just one lecture posted (or spammed) dozens of times. As I recall, one of Phieu's cornerstones was the information he received from his dead brother, the General, after his brother died. It was Chippymick (PBUH) who got Phieu to admit that Phieu's interpretation of Ia Drang wasn't based on fact but from information the dead General communicated to him from the other side.

Funnily enough, it wasn't this admission that got Phieu banned by boonie rat (remember him?) By the time Phieu was banned, for whatever the reason was, I had long stopped reading his gibberish. Phieu was one of the reasons the Vietnam thread declined from being a first class read with great contributors. It's my belief Phieu drove a lot of the scholarly contributors away.

Now, like his dead brother, he's back to haunt us again. I think his dead brother would have been less of a bore.

Cheers,
          Dan.
          So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Working...
          X