I'm back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!

I had some trouble in the spring sirning in as myself and created another "Montanaboy" user. But MontanaKid is back. Missed you guys. A bit of personal news, my wife and I are planning a trip to Vietnam next year. Hope to visit the LZ Professional area, where my battalion operated in 1969-1970.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends John 15:13

Glad to see you back.

Tell us about this Vietnam trip.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Welcome back!

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Welcome back, MontanaKid.
        "I have never known a combat soldier who did not show a residue of war." --Sergeant Ed Stewart, 84th Division, US Army, WWII

Comment

Glad you had a good landin...did the Huey run out of fuel?
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Auto-rotated down
            No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends John 15:13

Comment

Welcome back

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Good to see you back. Any good stories for us?

Cheers,
                Dan.
                So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaKid View Post
                  Auto-rotated down
                  Always fun...when it was done right.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post

Always fun...when it was done right.
                    LOL. the one I was involved in bent the skids...……..slightly...…..

And welcome back Montana...…….

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                        Glad to see you back.

Tell us about this Vietnam trip.
                        The trip is planned so I can be at a spot near LZ Professional on May 14, 2019 for the 50th anniversary of a battle I participated in, along with the men of Charlie, Alpha and Echo Recon of 1/46th Infantry, Americal Division, and a lot of NVA/VC from 2nd NVA division. I want to lay some flowers at the spot in memory of all who died there, Vietnamese and American. We fly in to Hanoi, visit Ninh Binh caves, cruise Halong bay, visit what used to be the “panhandle” of North Vietnam, then on to Hue, Danang and Hoi An. From Hoi An we will go to LZProfessional to spend the day. Back to Danang to fly to Saigon. From there we will visit Cu Chi and have a river/ canal cruise in the Delta, then the flight home. So it’s a tourist visit with some war hilights along the way. They will be a guide that will explain LZ Professional history. Under my wife’s advice, I will avoid a debate. I won’t be a post though, I will volunteer information in a friendly helpful fashion, though.
                        Last edited by MontanaKid; 26 Jul 18, 12:27.

Comment

Sounds like a wonderful trip, I hope you have a wonderful time.
                          "If we don't know history, then we are ready meat for carnivorous politicians and the intellectuals and journalists who supply the carving knives." Zell

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaKid View Post
                            The trip is planned so I can be at a spot near LZ Professional on May 14, 2019 for the 50th anniversary of a battle I participated in, along with the men of Charlie, Alpha and Echo Recon of 1/46th Infantry, Americal Division, and a lot of NVA/VC from 2nd NVA division. I want to lay some flowers at the spot in memory of all who died there, Vietnamese and American. We fly in to Hanoi, visit Ninh Binh caves, cruise Halong bay, visit what used to be the “panhandle” of North Vietnam, then on to Hue, Danang and Hoi An. From Hoi An we will go to LZProfessional to spend the day. Back to Danang to fly to Saigon. From there we will visit Cu Chi and have a river/ canal cruise in the Delta, then the flight home. So it’s a tourist visit with some war hilights along the way. They will be a guide that will explain LZ Professional history. Under my wife’s advice, I will avoid a debate. I won’t be a post though, I will volunteer information in a friendly helpful fashion, though.
                            Thank you for the reply. You'll get no debate from me. I just like to absorb and learn all that I can from others' experiences and tribulations.
                            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Frankly, I cannot ever imagine going back to Viet Nam as a tourist. I lost far too many good friends for nothing over there. Fine young men with their whole lives ahead of them, wasted by politicians.

My father never went back to OMAHA Beach, either.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X