Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take a look at my website

http://www.geocities.com/militarypoliceofvietnam

I have a 40 page site. It's mostly the MPs who served in Vietnam, but I also honor MPs of past wars and current war on terror. Hope you can stop by and enjoy it.

If anyone was an MP, get a picture to me of you in your gear and I"ll add it to the site.

I've added your site to the links thead here on the forum

Comment

Nice job! Lot's of good pics.
      Publisher
      Armchair General Magazine
      Weider History Group

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
        I've added your site to the links thead here on the forum
        Hey, thanks a lot, appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jim416 View Post
          http://www.geocities.com/militarypoliceofvietnam

I have a 40 page site. It's mostly the MPs who served in Vietnam, but I also honor MPs of past wars and current war on terror. Hope you can stop by and enjoy it.

If anyone was an MP, get a picture to me of you in your gear and I"ll add it to the site.
          I did take a look at it, Jim, and couldn't help but notice that right there on the opening page there is a photograph and text taken word-for-word from this page:
          http://www.vhpamuseum.org/vietnam/vietnam.shtml
          ...about halfway down, the photograph being copyrighted and taken by Maj. Jim Newman, the CO of "C" Troop, 2/17th Cav, the sister troop in my own Squadron in the 101st Airborne. Even the words "Saigon - Pearl of the Orient. Big, crowded, busy, alluring." are reproduced. They are evocative, aren't they? I just wonder if you couldn't have honored the MP's without resorting to taking images and text directly from another website where it's noted at the bottom of the page:
          "All images remain the personal property of this site and the contributor of the photo. You may download them for your personal use but they may not be published or used on any other site without written permission from the webmaster and the contributor. "

It's perhaps not the best of ways to honor veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by NDP71 View Post
            I did take a look at it, Jim, and couldn't help but notice that right there on the opening page there is a photograph and text taken word-for-word from this page:
            http://www.vhpamuseum.org/vietnam/vietnam.shtml
            ...about halfway down, the photograph being copyrighted and taken by Maj. Jim Newman, the CO of "C" Troop, 2/17th Cav, the sister troop in my own Squadron in the 101st Airborne. Even the words "Saigon - Pearl of the Orient. Big, crowded, busy, alluring." are reproduced. They are evocative, aren't they? I just wonder if you couldn't have honored the MP's without resorting to taking images and text directly from another website where it's noted at the bottom of the page:
            "All images remain the personal property of this site and the contributor of the photo. You may download them for your personal use but they may not be published or used on any other site without written permission from the webmaster and the contributor. "

It's perhaps not the best of ways to honor veterans.
            Excuse me sir, but that photo is a POSTCARD that I have in MY possession and those are MY words!! That is MY POSTCARD sent to my mother from Vietnam.

Let me tell you, I started that website from a four page humble beginnings and it has grown due to the fact that troops have emailed me photos from their tours, their collections and I have posted them over these past few years. I resent heavily you're accusation and if you think I don't honor vets you can take your words and shove them. I have worked very hard on that site, given credit when I could, and HAVE HONORED MANY SOLDIERS. You will even see tributes to some of the MPs that gave their all. I even honor those of past service, and present service in the war on terror. 95 percent of the photos on my website were sent to me, the rest are my own photos. There are 40 pages of photos and text that I worked VERY hard on these years, and again through contact with other soldiers I have been fortunate to receive thousands of photos, etc., from them.

I do NOT need you telling me how to honor men that I myself honor to the fullest. You want to accuse me of something, then send me a message, but you sir don't know what you're talking about.
            Last edited by jim416; 03 Oct 07, 23:04.

Comment

I'd advise you sir to talk to the Major. That is no photograph, but a POSTCARD of Saigon, sold in a PX in Saigon. I think the Major took that from MY site. Standby and I will post the postcard on PHOTOBUCKET and post it here.

Again, you need to talk with the Major, who obviously visited my site, used MY POSTCARD and posted it like he took the photo from a chopper!

Comment

As Jim points out, you gents might want to continue this exchange via PM or email, thanks

Comment

Pulled out of my scrapbook, placed on scanner, front and back. Look at the frayed corners, it's a postcard! Note, "aerial of Saigon" on back of card. Not taken by your Major.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I used MGI Photosuite to enhance the postcard on my main page.

Your Major visited my site, used my photo and my words. Personally, I have no problem with it as many people have asked to use photos off my site these last several years.
                  Last edited by jim416; 03 Oct 07, 23:34.

Comment

Sorry, for that, it's a moot point now.
                    Last edited by jim416; 04 Oct 07, 09:56.

Comment

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your work to honor our beloved Vietnam Vets. To me their are no greater men and women than those who risked their lives and those that gave all in the defense of freedom in Vietnam and Southeast Asia. There is no need to try to prove anything here. Continue to honor the MP's who served in the Republic of Vietnam !

M.S.

Comment

Thanks Miss Saigon, just don't like being called out like that in front of the entire group when the guy got it backwards. Hope he takes care of the problem on his side.

Comment

Thanks for the invite to your site Jim, much appreciated.
                          I am not stuck in the 60's and 70's -I choose to live there :)
                          "Vision without action is a daydream. Action with without vision is a nightmare."

Comment

Jim - great job on your site. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us all. It is an honor to know we served on the same soil.

D1
                            "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                            - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Anyone ever here of an incident in which a high ranking and drunk Vietnamese officer shot and killed two US Army MPs in Saigon and they never did anything to the guy ?

I am not sure but I think about twenty years ago I read about such an incident in a book by Mark Baker- it has always been in the back of my mind and I have always wondered if the story is true.

It really bothers me. Maybe if this guy made it to the US we can get him prosecuted for the murders.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X