Superior Artwork featuring ACG's own Hal Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior Artwork featuring ACG's own Hal Moore

Many months back I made a great decision to buy my first military print. While it took a while to convince the wife of my idea, it was well worth it. I purchased a superior print from the great people at Valor Studios featuring Brecourt Manor and the Band of Brothers.

Once again Valor Studios along with William Phillips and featuring Armchair Generals very own Hal Moore present another breathtaking print.
    "First Boots on the Ground" features the opening sequence of the Battle of Ia Drang Valley. On this print you see Hal Moore himself accompanied by Sgt. Major Basil Plumley, taking some of the first steps of this remarkable battle that took place some 42 years ago in Vietnam.

Hal Moore had this to say about the entire process.
    “The print was beautifully done by a gifted artist. The artist spent a great deal of time with me asking about everything, the color of the grass, about the mountains, the direction of the helicopters, who was on board, and many other questions, as well. Because of his intense interest in the specific circumstances of the battle, the result is an image that is incredibly accurate. I was very pleased with the outcome.”

This print comes with signatures of not only Hal Moore and Basil Plumley but also Huey Pilot Bruce Crandall and Ia Drang Veterans Al Bosse and Bob Ouellette.
    I just received my print and had it framed at a local shop. The details are once again top notch. The pictures that I will post do not do it justice, this is a print you need to see up close. Little things like the lingering dust from the artillery barrage that proceeded the landings, the long grass being battered by the Huey's downdraft. If you could hear the Whoomp, whoomp, whoomp of the UH-1's as they come in for landing and the crack of the brand new M-16's you would feel as if you were watching the battle unfold in front of you.

For those interested in this print many other fine prints contact Valor Studios.
    www.valorstudios.com

They will get the print out to you quickly, you will not be disappointed.
    I will be posting some photos of this print in a few days.
    Chad
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Some good pictures

Here are a few photos I took of the completed print. I have not put it on the wall yet!

Chad

That last pic titled "First Boots" is bad.........another is on its way!
    Attached Files
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

A couple more pictures.

A few more.
      Attached Files

Comment

Cool painting! My favorite is described in "25th wall reunion" thread.

GG

P.S. bye the bye, how can Bret look so good this year when he looked so bad last year. He must have been guzzling "Geritol" by the gallon in the off season. Good for him, gives us "geezers" hope.
        "The will of a section rooted in self interest, should not outweigh the vital interests of a whole people." -Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain-

"Fanatics of any sort are dangerous." -GG-

Comment

CD - Thanks for sharing those photos with us. On many occassions I thought of buying such military art but have always passed on it in the end. I am not sure why?? Perhaps it is now time?

D1
          "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

NEVER FORGET

Photos: Lt. Col. HAL MOORE in Vietnam 1965-66

http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_set2.htm

http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_set3.htm

http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_set1.htm

http://www.lzxray.com/guyer_collection.htm

NEVER FORGET

Signed: "ALOHA RONNIE" Guyer / Veteran-"WE WERE SOLDIERS" Battle of IA DRANG-1965, LZ Falcon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X