Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To "imbed" Pictures Into Text

Boonierat
    How do you put putures within this text body?? My pictures won't copy into this body of text. If I wish to display a picture HOW TO????

ALSO how does Miss Siagon quote multi times within one text body. She provides answers after each quoted question.
    I want to do that also?? sob sob

KEN
    DO NO HARM
    Last edited by KEN JENSEN; 30 Aug 07, 17:54. Reason: ADDITION
    1st ID, 1/28th '67/'68 Phouc Vinh & Quan Loi
    Skirmishes Bu Dop Dec-67, An My, Thu Duc Feb-68
    Plt. Ldr - CIB, Purple Hearts, Silver Star
    What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.

Originally posted by KEN JENSEN View Post
    Boonierat
    How do you put putures within this text body?? My pictures won't copy into this body of text. If I wish to display a picture HOW TO????

ALSO how does Miss Siagon quote multi times within one text body. She provides answers after each quoted question.

KEN
    DO NO HARM
    Ken,

To inbed pictures you need to [ img]url[ /img]. For example this F-105 wild weasel.

You need to be aware that some sites don't allow hotlinking and the picture might disappear on you. If you want to share your photos; you'll need to find a photo sharing spot. (I'm sure ACG might be able to help there.)

To quote multiple times You'll need to us [ quote] (cut and paste the text you want) and then [ /quote]. Naturally the brackets should be [???] then [/???]. I hope this helps.
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Boonierat
      There are different ways.
      Permit me to help if I can.
      • go to a site.
      • highlight a picture.
      • right click on select copy.
      • go to your post that you are typing.
      • put the cursor where you want the picture, right click, and select paste.
      • Notice the symbols at the bottom of each post in the right corner. Do you see them? They all mean something.
      • One way to mutiquote, is to select the quotation marks with the plus sign.
      • Notice how the plus sign changes to DN.
      • Go to any post in the thread. Repeat the process.
      • Now something magical happens. Click the post reply button in the lower left corner.
      • You will see in the order you selected them all your quotes.
      • Ready for editing and your comments.
      • When finished, just post it.
      • You can also quote from different threads into one post but that is another lesson.
      • Give it a shot.
      • Good luck.
      • Let me know if you need more help.
      • People here love to help.
      I'm Slug.
      Pleased to meet you.
      I'm learning the neat little tricks too.

KEN
      DO NO HARM
      Last edited by Slug; 30 Aug 07, 20:12.
      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Since this question pops up regularly I've made a quick tutorial on how to post images, you can find it in the Basic Training section of the forum: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55013

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
          Since this question pops up regularly I've made a quick tutorial on how to post images, you can find it in the Basic Training section of the forum: http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55013

hmmmm! You instructions mention URL's. I have pictures on my computer "JPEG" that I'm unable to past into this site. Will keep trying. I know how to attach a picture. One of your features above provides a "tool tip" info that I can insert a picture - haven't been able to do that when picture is on my computer. Oh well may just settle for the ATTACH feature.

KEN
          DO NO HARM
          What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.

Comment

hmmmm! You instructions mention URL's. I have pictures on my computer "JPEG" that I'm unable to past into this site. Will keep trying. I know how to attach a picture. One of your features above provides a "tool tip" info that I can insert a picture - haven't been able to do that when picture is on my computer. Oh well may just settle for the ATTACH feature.

KEN
            DO NO HARM
            Ken, you can't directly link a picture from your hard drive to the forum, it must be first uploaded somewhere on the internet. See method 3 on how to use an image host or try mirrorshades alternative solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
              Ken, you can't directly link a picture from your hard drive to the forum, it must be first uploaded somewhere on the internet. See method 3 on how to use an image host or try mirrorshades alternative solution.
              OK - thanks Boonierat
              I'll just attach pictures when I need to - don't think I'll upload any of mine to the NET.

KEN
              DO NO HARM

Comment

there is another way a site called photobucket does free hosting all you do is upload the photos you want onto their site and copy the link from there to here thats how i do it ..

thomas
                owner of the yahoo group for WW1 ,WW2 and Modern TO&Es
                (Tables of organisation & equipment or Unit of action )

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TOandEs/

Comment

Easier picture solution.

OK - thanks Boonierat
                  I'll just attach pictures when I need to - don't think I'll upload any of mine to the NET.
                  I have a simple solution to this problem that would solve the problem here yet benefit me elsewhere. And it is all about me

The forums over at my radio station have a gallery feature where individual people can set up their own personal gallery. You CAN upload your pictures from your hard drive to these galleries. One Vet over there has quiet a nice gallery, and he is also a member here. My gallery is not so great. I need to work on this.

Anyway, you could go over there and set up your personal gallery and upload any photos you want. We would love to have your pics from your time in the service. Then you can link to your gallery there any pics you want to post here. I think this would be a simple solution.

I too don't really like the way ACG does pics. RVN does them better, but alas, this is a better forum for discussions of history (better participation). But we have better music.

This pic is in my gallery at Radio Vietnam:

Last edited by Miss Saigon; 31 Aug 07, 12:54.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X