Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Images From Vietnam

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of great pictures I've found today:

The first one illustrates perfectly the expression "brothers in arms": it shows three Marines holding each other, apparently wounded or exhausted. I don't know where it was taken unfortunately but the brush woods in the background was typical of the DMZ between Con Thien and Gio Linh.

The second one shows a sniper of the 9th Infantry Division in the Mekong Delta. The sniper school of the 9th was particularly famous during the Vietnam War.

Comment

• The first photo attachment show a typical firebase. This one was in II Corp.
      The 2nd photo attachment shows the travel voucher we used to use to move around and the last one shows some S.F.'s boys humping the boonies.

DeltaOne
      Last edited by DeltaOne; 20 Feb 08, 17:54.
      "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
      - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• D1 on the last photo does the guy helping the other guy up the hill have a suppressor for his M16 or am i seeing things?
        "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
        - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

• It appears to be so. I personally never ran across one. On the other, I carried either a swedish k, a car-15 (my favorite) and on occasion a stoner. Those stoner's scared the heck out of the enemy.

DeltaOne
          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• Were you a 'S qualified' member of 5th grp?
            Mike

Comment

• [Were you a 'S qualified' member of 5th grp?]

Yes sir. Yourself and when and where did you serve?

DeltaOne
              - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                It appears to be so. I personally never ran across one. On the other, I carried either a swedish k, a car-15 (my favorite) and on occasion a stoner. Those stoner's scared the heck out of the enemy.

DeltaOne
                What's a 'stoner' D1? Could you detail it for us regular old 'stoners'?
                SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Originally posted by dgfred View Post
                  What's a 'stoner' D1? Could you detail it for us regular old 'stoners'?
                  Here's a good view of a Stoner Greg, didn't know it was used by other units than the SEALs though.

Comment

• Stoner

Boonie,

Stoners were also used by special forces members, although they were not used in the numbers that the seal teams used them. They were not easy to come by that's for sure. I used one on a small number of ops but in general, I carried my trusty car-15. The swedish-k was okay for up close action, but again, the car-15 was my weapon of choice.

D1
                    - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• Grunts

Grunts on the move after action in 68'.
                      - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Grunts on the move after action in 68'.
                        I recognize that photograph from the front of Keith Nolan's book Ripcord: Screaming Eagles Under Siege, Vietnam 1970.

Good pics guys.

Comment

• The picture was taken in 1968 by Larry Burrows for Time Magazine and Nolan must have used it.

D1
                          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• You can tell it's Army - baseball frags - we never got them. We only had those damn wobblies.

Comment

Boonie,

Stoners were also used by special forces members, although they were not used in the numbers that the seal teams used them. They were not easy to come by that's for sure. I used one on a small number of ops but in general, I carried my trusty car-15. The swedish-k was okay for up close action, but again, the car-15 was my weapon of choice.

D1
                              Thanks for the info and pics of the Stoner guys - looks nasty.

OK, now its time for a pic of your trusty CAR-15 .
                              SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

• Car-15

As per your request for a picture of a Car-15. This was my weapon of choice during my two tours.

DeltaOne
                                - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X