Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Images From Vietnam

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol isnt it funny seeing politicians tryin to suck up for ppls votes
    "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
    - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

He looks right at home - and is that a boy scout on bass?
      Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

Originally posted by thejester
        He looks right at home - and is that a boy scout on bass?
        Looks like scouts yes, or some other type of youth movement, probably a legacy of the french.
        Last edited by Boonierat; 12 Sep 06, 07:35.

Comment

you would hate to blow a hole in the middle of the road
          "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
          - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Was that taken in '72 or '75? Pretty unusual for the NVA to deploy AA upforward, so presumably it was being used to protect columns from US airstrikes (which means, I suppose, that it was '72).
            Colonel Summers' widely quoted critique of US strategy in the Vietnam War is having a modest vogue...it is poor history, poor strategy, and poor Clausewitz to boot - Robet Komer, Survival, 27:2, p. 94.

Comment

yea it was during siege of An Loc in '72
              - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Wonder if the NVA had many of them ZSUs, and to which units they belonged, probably to the tank brigades.

Comment

i cant remember the name of the site but it said wat units they were in. ill have a look around and see if i can find it again
                  - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat
                    Wonder if the NVA had many of them ZSUs, and to which units they belonged, probably to the tank brigades.
                    How did the NVA organise their armoured forces - along Soviet lines, or in smaller brigade-size units?

Comment

this may be it http://www.gruntonline.com/Order%20o...VN_armour1.htm
                      - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

How did the NVA organise their armoured forces - along Soviet lines, or in smaller brigade-size units?
                        In Brigades yes, but very small ones with 1 or two tank battalions each with no infantry.

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99
                          Great find PiN, forgot about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99
                            Yeah, that suggests the ZSU would have been part of an independent AA company trying to protect the NVA armour. An awesome find at any rate Pinpoint, it reminds me to try and find some information about the use of TOW-equipped gunships in '72 (there's bound to be a report floating around on one of the US Army sites) and I never knew the NVA were given ZSU-23-4s - that's a serious step up in hardware and technological capability from T-54s and PT-76s!

Comment

There were sensory devices planted all along the Ho Chi Minh trail as well as live observors. Only occasionally prior to the Easter invasion of 1972 was an armored vehicle of any kind detected.

Once the NVA offensive started in earnest the appearance of tracked and armored vehicles was a complete surprise, at least in the numbers they had. Interrogation of POWs later showed why this was the case. Prior to the offensive these vehicles were taken apart in the North, transported south on the back of bicycles and reassembled. They knew about out listening devices along the Ho Chi Mihn trail and didn't want to give away the surprise of their armor. This only shows the huge effort the North was willing to go to.
                              "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

it reminds me to try and find some information about the use of TOW-equipped gunships in '72 (there's bound to be a report floating around on one of the US Army sites) and I never knew the NVA were given ZSU-23-4s - that's a serious step up in hardware and technological capability from T-54s and PT-76s!
                                when i first found the site i was like WHAT THE F*** the NVA didnt use those they are way to new but they were... i dont know if it can be confirmed but a mate of mine who visited VN recently and whose guide was NVA during the war said IF the war lasted a few more years that they wouldve recieved the AK-74
                                - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X