Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gentlemen, I just stumbled on your website...The picture of the flag is on LZ West and so is the chopper picture flying out of LZ West...the resupply chopper was in ANternna Valley just north of LZ West (other side of Nui CHom)The group of men standing around with the one man waving at me is on LZ Mellon near the Laotian border. Did they have the picture of the Skyraider when it got shot down?
    Any questions i ll try to answer...namrats1968@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchie View Post
      Gentlemen, I just stumbled on your website...The picture of the flag is on LZ West and so is the chopper picture flying out of LZ West...the resupply chopper was in ANternna Valley just north of LZ West (other side of Nui CHom)The group of men standing around with the one man waving at me is on LZ Mellon near the Laotian border. Did they have the picture of the Skyraider when it got shot down?
      Any questions i ll try to answer...namrats1968@gmail.com
      Welcome Frenchie

Hope you find this site (Forum) as interesting as I have over the last couple of years.

I'm sorry, Bud, but don't know what picture you are referring to. Maybe you can give a Posting # and or LINK back to the post that contains the picture.

1st ID, 1/28th '67/'68 Phouc Vinh & Quan Loi
      Skirmishes Bu Dop Dec-67, An My, Thu Duc Feb-68
      Plt. Ldr - CIB, Purple Hearts, Silver Star
      What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.

Comment

• Gotta love ARVN Rangers helmets

Their Advisors' headgear was unconventional as well :

Comment

• Originally posted by KEN JENSEN View Post
          Welcome Frenchie

Hope you find this site (Forum) as interesting as I have over the last couple of years.

I'm sorry, Bud, but don't know what picture you are referring to. Maybe you can give a Posting # and or LINK back to the post that contains the picture.

Just happened across this but I think he is referring to post #666 on the page just before this one. I'm not often over here in this subforum but I'll have to stop by more often. This thread is fantastic!
          Satis elouquentiae sapientiae parum

Diadochi Wars GAME:http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...d.php?t=140484

Comment

• Comment

• "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
              - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• Comment

Welcome Frenchie

Pictures on post 666 page 45 has a series of 4 pictures that i was attempting to clarify..i didnt take the flag/barbwire picture but i did take the other 3 on post 666

Comment

• Bobbie The Weathergirl in all her glory

Comment

• Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                      Bobbie The Weathergirl in all her glory
                      Bobbie, after predicting local showers --

-- RR
                      www.RadioVietnam.net

Comment

• heeheehee, WHO THE HELL WAS "BOBBIE THE WEATHER GIRL". You guys in the rear had it made!

What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.

Comment

heeheehee, WHO THE HELL WAS "BOBBIE THE WEATHER GIRL". You guys in the rear had it made!

Ken - Bobbie was less of a REMF than I was. Like Chris Noel,
                          she was another one of those fine ladies
                          who made life a little brighter for troops
                          throughout the country (although I never
                          actually saw her while I was there).
                          They continue to do so today.

Her story can be found HERE.

-- RR
                          www.RadioVietnam.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Boonierat View Post

That's a cool pic!! The uniform looks new.

I'm sure the beer tasted good even at 80 degrees.

I can't really tell but is there an airstrike going on in the far distance??

Comment

• Thanks for bringing that out. Didn't realize that in the picture before. Looks like it could be an air strike or artillery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tropic Thunder View Post
                                Thanks for bringing that out. Didn't realize that in the picture before. Looks like it could be an air strike or artillery.
                                I don't think it's Arty. Air strike - maybe. Put my money on it's an Ammo Dump getting wasted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X