Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I was there, too, but the links on that page no longer work.

Comment

• Damn, must have been moved elsewhere or removed completely

Comment

• Last edited by Miss Saigon; 28 Feb 09, 22:30.

Comment

• Comment

• Another great aerial picture of a CIDG camp, this one is Polei Kleng in Kontum Province:

Comment

• Great group pic of the Medical Platoon, 1st battalion, 503d Infantry (Airborne), 173d Airborne Brigade
              taken at Vung Tau in 1965 a few weeks after they arrived in-country:

Comment

• Here's a rare picture on an M113 ACAV belonging to the Philippines Civic Action Group, Vietnam (PHILCAGV):

Comment

• 'Humpin' the boonies'

Check out the load these guys were carrying

Comment

• Like I've been saying Boonie,
                    Grunts were "pack" mules and the most important was ammo and WATER! Count the number of canteens on
                    the guy in the center and he still has a least one in the pouch on his belt.

1st ID, 1/28th '67/'68 Phouc Vinh & Quan Loi
                    Skirmishes Bu Dop Dec-67, An My, Thu Duc Feb-68
                    Plt. Ldr - CIB, Purple Hearts, Silver Star
                    What we write can be considered to be a reflection of our SOUL providing others to know our CHARACTER.

Comment

• There is the reason why I was a helicopter crewchief.

RW
                      "Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?" -Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

Comment

• Originally posted by rotorwash View Post
                        there is the reason why i was a helicopter crewchief.

Rw
                        lol

Comment

• Colonel Ripley, who at the time was a captain and a military adviser to a South Vietnamese Marine unit,
                          blew up the southern end of the Dong Ha Bridge over the Cua Viet River on Easter Sunday, April 2, 1972.

Some veterans have said that Col. Ripley should have been awarded the Medal of Honor, the nation's highest recognition for valor,
                          but his heroic deeds could not be suitably documented because they were not witnessed by Americans.

Last edited by Miss Saigon; 12 Apr 09, 00:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by rotorwash View Post
                            There is the reason why I was a helicopter crewchief.

RW
                            Ditto.I liked the idea of being able to sit and enjoy the view behind a machine gun.........rather than carry the damn thing.....

Comment

• And I could retreat - er perform retrograde maneuvers - at 120 MPH.

RW
                              "Dost thou not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?" -Count Oxenstierna (ca 1620) to the young King Gustavus Adolphus

Comment

• Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X