This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jim416 View Post
    She was a knockout, escaped from Vietnam in 1991, living in Dallas.
    It is so unfortunate that so many of us had to "escape". I always contrast this in my mind with those who feel the need to escape the USA. They pay a quarter and cross the Bridge at Laredo. Running like mad because you never know when the border patrol is going to try and stop them from leaving.

I am glad she got out, but sad she had to enure 15 years before she did.

Comment

• Comment

• Nice Pics AC. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Thanks Miss Saigon.

Comment

• May, 1968 - Three dead VC. Notice the people as they move quickly from the area.

"War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
            - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• 25th Inf. taking a break near Cu Chi, Feb. 68. Notice what he doesn't travel without?

- Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• Truly great picture of grunts from Lima 3/5 Marines returning fire during Operation MEADE RIVER, November 1968:

Last edited by Boonierat; 25 Oct 07, 10:58.

Comment

• (Bird's eye view of the Loc Ninh CIDG Camp and adjacent AF, with a firebase of the 6th Battalion, 15th Artillery at bottom right)

Comment

• Here's a good picture I've scanned from one of my books for a guy on a french Vietnam forum, it shows men of the Big Red One near Bien Hoa in 1965. What makes it interesting is the M14 carried by the running soldier, you don't see many pictures of Army units equiped with it in Vietnam. It was mostly the 1st and 25th Infantry Divisions that used it during 1965 and the first few months of 1966 before switching to the M16:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
                      What makes it interesting is the M14 carried by the running soldier, you don't see many pictures of Army units equiped with it in Vietnam. It was mostly the 1st and 25th Infantry Divisions that used it during 1965 and the first few months of 1966 before switching to the M16
                      I think M14s may have been a little more persistent than you think. We were still being issued M14s when I first arrived at Chu Lai in Oct 1967, in support of the 196th LIB. I still have orders, issued later in my tour, showing M16 qualification by my entire unit as we switched over. Note weapon hanging up by my hootch rack.

-- RR

www.RadioVietnam.net

Comment

• You're right, I was thinking of combat units.

Comment

• OUCH!!!!

D1
                          - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
                            - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• Ambush

Ambush - HELL ON EARTH!!!

D1
                              Last edited by DeltaOne; 19 Nov 07, 11:18.
                              - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

• Yeah, it's hell if you're caught in an ambush and even worse for those who get hit. Sure was glad to see all kinds of artillery, helicopters and planes at different times.
                                "If you are right, then you are right even if everyone says you are wrong. If you are wrong then you are wrong even if everyone says you are right." William Penn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X