Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making of a Marine

There are manyloike it, but this one is mine

No date , but seems to me that it could be 1960,61.

Look at how the silhouettes have changed , compared to today.
    Mr junk food has done his job

That rug really tied the room together

Up to the six min mark it was no difference than Army BCT. I cannot remember prayer ever being used in BCT.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The way it worked in 1968,any prior service individual that wanted to enlist in the Marines had to go threw Marine Corp boot camp.A former Marine could enlist in any of the other services without going threw their boot camps,I found this out the hard way.
      The 50's/60's propaganda film of the op,while true no training was conducted on Sunday in the Corp.The D.I.s saw to it that the day was filled with physical exercises and challenges.We were allowed one hour on Sunday to sit on our metal buckets and polish our boots and brass,after the P.T.was done satisfactory.
      I know of one man in my platoon who requested to go to chapel on a Sunday.The D.I's made an example of him.They framed this guy by saying that they caught him urinating from the backdoor of his barracks.I don't know if he did or didn't,the D.I.'s wanted him out of"Their Marine Corp". They sent this guy to CC platoon(corrective custody,one step from the brig) When this man got out of CC,if he did,he would have to start boot camp all over,back to day one.CCplt.was tough duty.No training'just running everywhere you went carrying two buckets filled with rocks,a D.I.on your ass every second of the day.
      So much for prayer in the M.C.
      The history addict asked me,"Where did you fought?"
      Me...Damn..."I'm not sure."

Comment

Thanks for sharing your memories.
        That rug really tied the room together

Comment

you are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
            Up to the six min mark it was no difference than Army BCT. I cannot remember prayer ever being used in BCT.
            in 1982 I think I remember we hit our rack 3 times with our palms [ something like that...so long ago, but it's a memory ]
            and had a silent prayer
            had to be at 'attention' in the rack until 'at ease' was given

we arrived at night and the DIs screamed and yelled for us to get off the bus and on the yellow footprints
            doesn't seem like they are doing that in the film...? I guess that changed
            Last edited by Moulin; 13 Mar 17, 12:43.

Comment

sebfrench,you make my spirit shine.

Comment

First you get the free haircut.Then us new recruits were ordered to "form up"on the orderly room door,single file,according to height, of training company 3004. Ordering individual boots,biggest first,into the orderly room,two Marine noncommissioned officers(d.i.'s) commenced to attack and beat the individual boot as we stood at"attention"until the man was"flat on the deck".Every new recruit of company"3004"got this done to him,the first pre dawn morning of his"Marine Corps"adventure.Three years in the Army,11 months in Nam,I thought to myself"What the fu<k did I just get myself into?Well,by the time the d.i.'s got to the"house mouses and feather merchant's,back of the line,the little guys figured out what was going on: Drop after the first blow or you'd get another or another,whatever it took you were going down. To All U.S.M.C DI's All you make my spirit shine. You are with me
                Last edited by hankwill; 28 Aug 19, 18:28. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Merry Christmas Scott,03 Fox 2/1,you make my spirit shine,you Are with me.

Comment

lirelou(squaddies post(#27)If,when, my family ask why they must read this post above all others I will tell them because of a SF soldier . You make my spirit shine,you are with me
                    Last edited by hankwill; 30 Aug 19, 14:31.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X