Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eating a 1965 ration

Hello amigos!

I love this guy.He's weird and weirdness avoids boredom.
    Plus what he's doing is relatively dangerous .He has many other vids ,but this one may reminds you some moments of your past life.

This is excellent.
    That rug really tied the room together

It's more likely to eat you!
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Aside from the very stale crackers, the rest of that stuff has either corroded through the can, or turned into food poison.

As it was, we were dealing with rations left over from the Korean War during training in 65 half of which had to be tossed out due to spoilage.

He may soon join the Darwin list if he keeps that up.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

You should see some of the cheeses i have for breakfast...

this ration is 5 stars compared to some of he already ate....

That rug really tied the room together

Comment

In 1971 most of our C-rats were from 1945............never had any bad food......spoiled that is...........Ham and lima beans was friggin gross.......

Comment

C- Rations I ate while I was in where from the late 40s to the late 50s, never encountered anything spoiled ever!
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
              In 1971 most of our C-rats were from 1945............never had any bad food......spoiled that is...........Ham and lima beans was friggin gross.......
              You needed to heat that up after removing the glob of lard from the top. Want to talk about gross, Ham and Eggs, chopped.

Actually back then, I didn't run across anything spoiled. Now, I see spoiled and corroded cans in those rations still left from that era today.
              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

We ate C-Rats whenever the cooks wanted time off. This was back in 75 I believe. Beanie Weanies were great and I still eat them out of little cans! I also eat Cheese Whiz on Pilot Crackers. Not the same but what can you do? I have a case of MRE's hid somewhere in the house. I also like Peanut Butter on Saltine Crackers. For some reason the water in the Lister Bags tasted better than Tap Water. Maybe it is because our water systems where I live since sucked...

Pruitt
                Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Yea Ham and Mothers were gross, but if one was hungry enough.......

Comment

C-rats was the worst thing that I've ever eaten in basic. The DI offered them with the statement 'This is what the grunts eat. Be happy your in the Air Force...'

From what I understand SAC bases had great chow, it was fresh, not powdered, and you had a menu of what I considered decent chow. You could order pizzas or hamburgers and fries. Decent salads. Okay food, not steak and eggs, but bacon and eggs and hash-browns.

They made them on the spot. Think of Pancake House...

Current fare for enlisted...

http://edwardsfss.com/wordpress/wp-c...-July-2016.pdf

It's gone way downhill since I was in...
                    Last edited by Bwaha; 05 Jul 16, 17:24.
                    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                      C-rats was the worst thing that I've ever eaten in basic. The DI offered them with the statement 'This is what the grunts eat. Be happy your in the Air Force...'

From what I understand SAC bases had great chow, it was fresh, not powdered, and you had a menu of what I considered decent chow. You could order pizzas or hamburgers and fries. Decent salads. Okay food, not steak and eggs, but bacon and eggs and hash-browns.

They made them on the spot. Think of Pancake House...

Current fare for enlisted...

http://edwardsfss.com/wordpress/wp-c...-July-2016.pdf

It's gone way downhill since I was in...
                      Agreed, the AF had great chow, even ate out of plates.

Comment

Yep.

http://www.save-a-vet.org/d7/adopt
                        Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

After all the C's I opened with a P38, and ate I HAVE to have an electric can opener.
                          The worst was Ham and Limas (Ham and Lifers, Ham and Slimers, etc) The best was Bean and meatballs, heated up.
                          Heating them up made them more edible but that freakin heat tab they gave us sucked big time
                          Happy just to be alive

Americans will always do the right thing.
                          After they've tried everything else
                          Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by exlrrp View Post
                            After all the C's I opened with a P38, and ate I HAVE to have an electric can opener.
                            The worst was Ham and Limas (Ham and Lifers, Ham and Slimers, etc) The best was Bean and meatballs, heated up.
                            Heating them up made them more edible but that freakin heat tab they gave us sucked big time
                            we used to burn the paper box they came in.........usually heated it up just right if you left the meat portion in the middle of it..........

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
                              C- Rations I ate while I was in where from the late 40s to the late 50s, never encountered anything spoiled ever!
                              Same here--and not trying to one up on ya, but we had some in '69 stateside dated 1943.

Re trading and sharing various goodies outa them boxes, just the other day I was thinking about a black dude (named Black) who was s#*^-canning an item out of his C's and I says,
                              "Hey, Black, don't throw that away!" and he says,
                              "I figure if I don't want it, the next M-F don't want it either."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X