Miss Saigon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Saigon

Without Miss Saigon's posts, this site is lacking. We need her here! Period!!! I would say that some things need to change.
    "War is hell, but actual combat is a motherf#cker"
    - Col. David Hackworth

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
    Without Miss Saigon's posts, this site is lacking. We need her here! Period!!! I would say that some things need to change.
    What happened to her?
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends John 15:13

Comment

Maybe she's making the donuts.
      My worst jump story:
      My 13th jump was on the 13th day of the month, aircraft number 013.
      As recorded on my DA Form 1307 Individual Jump Log.
      No lie.

~
      "Everything looks all right. Have a good jump, eh."
      -2 Commando Jumpmaster

Comment

Maybe Shooter finally learned the right way to sweet talk her and he is keeping her to himself. On second thought, that couldn't be it because he has such bad breath.
        Last edited by Miss Saigon; 16 Dec 12, 12:42.
        The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated ~ Mark Twain

Comment

It seems she has been away since a certain individual was banned from this site/thread. Possibly a connection ? I too hope she returns as I value her opinions and knowledge about the Vietnam War.

Comment

Originally posted by 03Fox2/1 View Post
            It seems she has been away since a certain individual was banned from this site/thread. Possibly a connection ? I too hope she returns as I value her opinions and knowledge about the Vietnam War.
            Scott, I'm with you one that one. Just got back on here after a couple month hiatus, and saw what had happened. If, in fact, her decision to not post is related to the ban...I can respect that. I wasn't a fan of Max's banning, nor Phieu's. I hope, after a bit, she will drop back in here.
            There are no stupid questions,but there are alot of inquisitive idiots. -Hankwill

"A special breed of man will sacrifice everything for the security and freedom of so many unthankful others"
            - Ron Piper

Comment

Wow- I got extra busy and was running about 10% of the time I normally spend here, but I've missed a lot apparently (of questionable value).
              Phieu banned? wow~ I thought he dodged all those bullets long ago/
              Miss may not be posting, but she's not missing a single word, that I am confident of. Breaks are healthy! Everyone needs a break.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaOne View Post
                Without Miss Saigon's posts, this site is lacking. We need her here!
                I hope she's ok. Miss Saigon is one of my favorite posters here at ACG!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonardo63 View Post
                  Breaks are healthy! Everyone needs a break.
                  You aren't kidding, Brother. Seriously, there were times when I was headlong into the Ia Drang thread battle with Anh Phieu that I would lose focus on important things. Hopefully, there will be some reconsideration on the banning of the Phieu-ster as well as Max.
                  There are no stupid questions,but there are alot of inquisitive idiots. -Hankwill

"A special breed of man will sacrifice everything for the security and freedom of so many unthankful others"
                  - Ron Piper

Comment

I will only say this whether I become banned or not, I don't care anymore - Some here have been able to say and do just about any damn thing they like depending on who their friends are! Others do not and to argue anything different is a blatant lie. I KNOW why she is not here but will keep my word to her and not say it. The power to fix that problem is out there. Whether it is taken or not, who knows??? This is supposed to be a site where we can post where everyone is treated fairly and with respect. I left for a number of months because I got tired of the pure, 100% BULL$HIT that was happening and being said as if some had the right to go on witch hunts or judge others for who they THOUGHT were or were not genuine. You all can decide what type of things you want to say about others; you can decide who views should be allowed and whose should not! But bloodly hell, I hate anything that feels or smells of dictatorship period! Thats why we went to Vietnam, why many of our friends and fellow countrymen never came home and why so many are disabled, which is what this site should be about, the war, not the individuals who need their ego's stroked! NuFF said!
                    - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by don744 View Post
                      Scott, I'm with you one that one. Just got back on here after a couple month hiatus, and saw what had happened. If, in fact, her decision to not post is related to the ban...I can respect that. I wasn't a fan of Max's banning, nor Phieu's. I hope, after a bit, she will drop back in here.
                      I'm 99% sure it has to do with the ban. On that subject, the decision is none of our business. I sparred with Phieu, —hell, who didn't?— and I did insult him once. That was wrong, and I made amends. Max/Chip/Tony/Whatever the hell is name is, was well read, that's for sure, and I enjoyed talking with him. I don't know what went on behind the scenes though in that case, and neither do I in this instance. It's my understanding that a ban takes considerable deliberation and, as admiral has said time and time again, "nothing happens in a Vacuum." Miss Saigon has her reasons and she's a smart cookie. So, like I said, if the good lady decides not to post, she won't post. Her absence has been noted, we're aware, we've already almost all figured out why. I hope she returns soon.
                      ...how useless it was to struggle against fortune, this being the burden of wisdom which the ages had bequeathed to him.

Comment

And I think it is important to consider each case when someone is banned - whether or not they have been banned in the past, for what, and their actions in the future. I think that those who go out of their way to be devious are to be judged far heavier than someone who makes some comments out of an emotional outburst. I received a 'timeout' once and yes, I deserved it. But just like the justice system we put faith in - each member must be dealt with in the same manner, not soley punish or excused because they are liked or disliked more than another member.
                        In most cases - the guys get it right.
                        Again, Huyen has her reasons and after everything she has done, lets respect those, regardless of why.
                        - Col. David Hackworth

Comment

Guys; moderators have real lives too ya know. I suspect Missy is just really, really busy and don't forget everybody gets even busier with the holidays. Just calm down and relax. She will be back I am sure.
                          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky 6 View Post
                            I'm 99% sure it has to do with the ban. On that subject, the decision is none of our business.
                            Of course it has to do with "us" Lucky. Folks get banned for their impact on others. Some peoples participation in the forums is a direct result of interactions with certain members. If not for Phieu and Max, I would ot have gotten involved in the forums to the extent I have. In the case of Phieu and Max...they were both major contributors. Phieu specifically got my attention and got me out of my "grey-man" status here. Take those guys away and it is a loss for the forum. I've seen far worse behavior from members that frequent the politics forum than anything Phieu or Max ever posted in here. Hell, I was on double secret probation from Wes for my behavior over there. Each of these forums have their own "personality" and levels of acceptable dialogue. Of course, this board is not a democracy, but I have seen a bunch of support (non-mod) for reinstatement of Max...and I would absolutely stand by reinstatement of Phieu.

- Ron Piper

Comment

There isn't a person here who Phieu hasn't insulted or looked down upon as inferior, but after a while you realize, he's a smart guy, full of crud at times, but I think essential and not a bad guy, I can't imagine anyone being more commited to a cause. If I had a brother, I'd want one like Phieu.
                              I have read Max on other forums, and he too is a wealth of info and a constant lit match in a room smelling of "phieu-gass" ... (nice confluence of variables eh) and his language is incapable of offending me personally but I live in "Realville" so I don't even notice.
                              Don't know what they did, don't really care- But as an observer I take my seat next to the door so the VIP's can take thier place next to the stage so rightfully earned. All I can contribute is Tequila shooters CHEERS!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X