No announcement yet.

US POW's - Why We Never Found Them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. As far as proof goes I firmly believe what the late Lynn O’Shea wrote in her book “Abandoned In Place” as she uses actual documents and information from the US guvmint that was once classified. The American public may never have even heard of Operation Pocket Change if she had not dug this up via FOIA and wrote about it in her book.

2. In addition to Lynn O’Shea’s book you can simply Google information about the Soviets keeping several of our prisoners during and after WWII. We even conducted two rescue operations of these prisoners with one being successful and the other resulting in an abort of the second attempt due to the Soviets having far superior numbers to fight us if we did not withdraw. Some of these men were never seen again while one of the prisoners was recognized by his family members on the front cover of a US magazine in a group of prisoners photographed in North Korea.

Information exists from Korean War defectors about US prisoners being held in the communist underground in various countries. Such information has been corroborated by records in the former USSR.

Simple explanation for all this; when Stalin’s troops had finished liberating the USSR of the Germans he was going to withdraw from the war but Roosevelt offered him reparations to finish the fight. Stalin agreed but kept some of our prisoners as collateral to guarantee these funds. The Soviet troops had liberated these Allied troops from POW camps on their push west. Roosevelt never paid and some of our troops were kept by the communists and never released. This concept set a standard that was practiced by North Korea and North Vietnam thereafter.

If there is any doubt to this I highly recommend to all those who doubt to read the book by O’Shea as her information is the best. Also there is a recent hour+ interview of Robert Garwood on YouTube where he gives a lot of information that was once too classified to release. Both sources mentioned here are very much worth your time.(GRA)
    Last edited by GRA; 27 Nov 19, 22:10.

Comment

For Robert Garwood’s interviews on YouTube you can simply search by typing “garwood interview”. Two are posted by the “Tribal Action Group”.

Comment

Thanks GRA: The American u refer to seen in videos and magazines, held in North Korea long after the war was Ronald Van Wees. Bobby Garwood himself was not released from N Vietnam until 1979, the war ended in 73. We all suffer from confirmation bias, but after all I have read and seen, denying POWs left behind seems like wishful thinking. Also we have seen a shift in how our armed forces fight. No man left behind is now taken seriously, and I think this is because, once captured, you can’t count on your government to secure your release.

Comment

Originally posted by GRA View Post
          For Robert Garwood’s interviews on YouTube you can simply search by typing “garwood interview”. Two are posted by the “Tribal Action Group”.
          \gra- the 'Roosevelt paid off Stalin' secret deal has been a hoary myth since the internet birthed - in 1945.....
          does your author have any proof?
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

\gra- the 'Roosevelt paid off Stalin' secret deal has been a hoary myth since the internet birthed - in 1945.....
            does your author have any proof?
            Read the book like I said. If you want proof beyond that then I suggest you file your own FOIA requests, do your own investigation, and write your own book.

There now ... your work is cut out for you.

Comment

Read the book like I said. If you want proof beyond that then I suggest you file your own FOIA requests, do your own investigation, and write your own book.

There now ... your work is cut out for you.
              Well- best of luck selling your books.....

Comment

Originally posted by RL64RL View Post

Absolutely zero evidence to support this claim. Also, note that B-52 EWOs were among those returned from the North in '73.

RL
                IIRC, the missions were flown in B47's early in the cold war, before the U-2was in service.
                https://ru.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...s/dod/pow-mia/

documents missing American POW's who can't be accounted for, who may have been in Soviet hands

Comment

1. As far as proof goes I firmly believe what the late Lynn O’Shea wrote in her book “Abandoned In Place” as she uses actual documents and information from the US guvmint that was once classified. The American public may never have even heard of Operation Pocket Change if she had not dug this up via FOIA and wrote about it in her book.

2. In addition to Lynn O’Shea’s book you can simply Google information about the Soviets keeping several of our prisoners during and after WWII. We even conducted two rescue operations of these prisoners with one being successful and the other resulting in an abort of the second attempt due to the Soviets having far superior numbers to fight us if we did not withdraw. Some of these men were never seen again while one of the prisoners was recognized by his family members on the front cover of a US magazine in a group of prisoners photographed in North Korea.

Information exists from Korean War defectors about US prisoners being held in the communist underground in various countries. Such information has been corroborated by records in the former USSR.

Simple explanation for all this; when Stalin’s troops had finished liberating the USSR of the Germans he was going to withdraw from the war but Roosevelt offered him reparations to finish the fight. Stalin agreed but kept some of our prisoners as collateral to guarantee these funds. The Soviet troops had liberated these Allied troops from POW camps on their push west. Roosevelt never paid and some of our troops were kept by the communists and never released. This concept set a standard that was practiced by North Korea and North Vietnam thereafter.

If there is any doubt to this I highly recommend to all those who doubt to read the book by O’Shea as her information is the best. Also there is a recent hour+ interview of Robert Garwood on YouTube where he gives a lot of information that was once too classified to release. Both sources mentioned here are very much worth your time.(GRA)
                  Roosevelt conspiracy theories are one of the
                  staples at the Axis History site.

Suggest taht you read Ladislaus
                  Farago's '
                  the Broken Seal"
                  Good luck in your quest.....

Comment

IIRC, the missions were flown in B47's early in the cold war, before the U-2was in service.
                    https://ru.usembassy.gov/embassy-con...s/dod/pow-mia/

documents missing American POW's who can't be accounted for, who may have been in Soviet hands
                    My comment was clearly directed at the individual who made an unsubstantiated claim about B-52 crew members in action over NVN. You shift the discussion to the USSR, and make loose implications that Airmen flying B-47s near or over USSR territories were captured and interred, never to be heard from again. Again, show us the evidence.

On a side note, my Dad served w/ Col John McKone in the early-80s. McKone was an RB-47 crew member shot down over the Barents Sea in 1960 (post-Powers shootdown). He and another crew member were rescued by the Soviets and placed in Lubyanka Prison. In their post-release debriefs, they were asked about other Americans in captivity. They had zero information on any fellow aviators.

Comment

My comment was clearly directed at the individual who made an unsubstantiated claim about B-52 crew members in action over NVN. You shift the discussion to the USSR, and make loose implications that Airmen flying B-47s near or over USSR territories were captured and interred, never to be heard from again. Again, show us the evidence.

On a side note, my Dad served w/ Col John McKone in the early-80s. McKone was an RB-47 crew member shot down over the Barents Sea in 1960 (post-Powers shootdown). He and another crew member were rescued by the Soviets and placed in Lubyanka Prison. In their post-release debriefs, they were asked about other Americans in captivity. They had zero information on any fellow aviators.
                      Whoa , now.
                      You have a dickerings with the first individual , not with me.
                      time out.
                      Reg

Comment

Absolutely zero evidence to support this claim. Also, note that B-52 EWOs were among those returned from the North in '73.

RL
                        I agree here. There is nothing about this in Alfred Price's The History of US Electronic Warfare vols 2 and 3 on it. I'd say if it were so there'd be at least some mention in those books of it.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I agree here. There is nothing about this in Alfred Price's The History of US Electronic Warfare vols 2 and 3 on it. I'd say if it were so there'd be at least some mention in those books of it.
                          Tag- I quoted the US consulate lin - in Moscow.

Comment

Whoa , now.
                            You have a dickerings with the first individual , not with me.
                            time out.
                            Reg
                            Noted. No offense intended.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X