Alternate Congress of Vienna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Congress of Vienna

OK, thought I might ask a question that would fall into the Nappy Era.

What if Talleyrand had been told, not so politely, to go himself and was barred from representing France at the Congress. In a story line I'm working on the British do this chiefly so destroy what is left of the French colonial empire, taking all their enclaves in India, all the islands in the Caribbean, and that little island right off the coast of Newfoundland.

BUT, the real change is the Alsace Lorraine. France loses it, it's given independence and since most people there are German, they join the New German Confederation. As a result it eventually becomes part of Germany. My question is, if the territory had been stripped from France, would there be a 100 years of revanchism to get it back? And what else might a more vindictive Congress have done to France without Talleyrand floating about? What might have happened then?
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

And no one has any idea how the most important piece of the Revolutionary period might have gone otherwise? Come'on...
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Well a Big Spur for France in WW1 was to Reclaim Alsace-Lorraine so there would be alot more tension between France and Germany. Could see a War Between the 2. Also Wars are often good rallying ways of unifying a country so could either damper or make the Revolutionary Spirit Alot Stronger.
      God didnít create evil. Evil is the result of when man does not have God's love in his heart.It's the cold when there is no heat.The darkness that comes when there is no light

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X