Homes on Napoleon’s Battlefield to Be Razed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homes on Napoleon’s Battlefield to Be Razed

MOSCOW — Here’s an unusual excuse for razing an entire settlement that the authorities have not used before — and are unlikely to use again.
    The St. Petersburg Times - Business - Homes on Napoleon’s Battlefield to Be Razed
    Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Mickey,

The Russian government supposedly has plans to use Russian military personal for a reenactment of the battle of Borodino. As many as 15,000 military personal in period uniforms was originally mentioned. Just imagine... a big reenactment without fat reenactors. More importantly, they will drill for an entire month.
    My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

2012 should be a very busy year for Napoleonic anniversaries. Thanks for the info Zouave, now why could the French not have done something like this for the Austerlitz anniversary in 2005, or did they, was it 'missed' in the papers and media this side of the ditch.
      Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by Post Captain View Post
        2012 should be a very busy year for Napoleonic anniversaries. Thanks for the info Zouave, now why could the French not have done something like this for the Austerlitz anniversary in 2005.
        I'll be at Borodino in 2012, I know that for sure !!!!
        I've been dreaming of this for a decade now...

By then I'll hopefully have graduated as journalist, and I'll be able to make a report for ACG !!!!

Greets,
        Stratego
        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

Good man Stratego... you'll be our roving reporter!
          The long toll of the brave
          Is not lost in darkness
          Over the fruitful earth
          And athwart the seas
          Hath passed the light of noble deeds
          Unquenchable forever.

Comment

I will definately visit this event. Knowing how russians love "pokazuha" it would be definately great and very spectacular show.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X