Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Books: Best Books/Links on The Napoleonic Era

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VieuxChat View Post
    Question for you all:

wich software do you use to manage your private library ?

I' m trying this one for the moment:

http://www.soft-creation.fr/Bibliotheque-Livres.html

Any advice would be welcome.
    I use this. You can register the first 250 books for free. After that it costs a little money. I paid $25 for a lifetime membership. THere are discussion groups for literally every topic out there. It also has a good book recommendation selector. Every book has it's own page which links to Amazon,abebooks and Barnes & Nobles. It will tell you the closet library that will have a particular book. I highly recommend it!

http://librarything.com
    If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• I use my bookshelves, storage cabinets, and my often forgetful mind. Sometimes that leaves me wondering where I last left a book I now wanted to look at, but then I also run across old friends that I should take another look through their pages...

Sincerely,
      M
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• I use this. You can register the first 250 books for free. After that it costs a little money. I paid $25 for a lifetime membership. THere are discussion groups for literally every topic out there. It also has a good book recommendation selector. Every book has it's own page which links to Amazon,abebooks and Barnes & Nobles. It will tell you the closet library that will have a particular book. I highly recommend it!
        Many thanks Legate, I will have a close look at it, it seem quite similar to the one I' m testing.

I use my bookshelves, storage cabinets, and my often forgetful mind. Sometimes that leaves me wondering where I last left a book I now wanted to look at, but then I also run across old friends that I should take another look through their pages...
        Well said. Books got soul.
        "To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

• Yes, they do-very well said.

Sincerely,
          M
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

• Any good book about the 1793-1794
            battles (or campaigns) between France and Great-Britain ?

(Hondschoote 1793, Tourcoing 1794 ..etc)
            "To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

• Hi,
              If you do nothing else in your life you have already achieved the highest of recognition for your posting of the Gallica links to E. Fort etc.

I have spent a considerable amount of time downloading all i could find on this site and have already started to clean up the images and re-assemble the books.

Fantastic site, thanks eternally for the heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Major Kokup View Post
                Hi,
                If you do nothing else in your life you have already achieved the highest of recognition for your posting of the Gallica links to E. Fort etc.

I have spent a considerable amount of time downloading all i could find on this site and have already started to clean up the images and re-assemble the books.

Fantastic site, thanks eternally for the heads up.
                Thanks for the rep Major. Enjoy the site!

Paul
                ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                All human ills he can subdue,
                Or with a bauble or medal
                Can win mans heart for you;
                And many a blessing know to stew
                To make a megloamaniac bright;
                Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Just to let you all know,

I have read this book through twice since it arrived via my postman on the 12th May. I had to read it through again in order to make notes. After I have had the time to check up on one or two things, I will post my critique on the book.

I brought it pre-ordered, at Pen and Sword for 20.00 including Postage. Amazon has it on sale for 31.00 Euros new.

Paul
                  Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 22 May 12, 19:51.

Comment

• Waiting for your review

Comment

• Originally posted by VieuxChat View Post
                      Waiting for your review
                      I don't know how long it will take, hopefully no longer than a week as I have to make the time in a busy period.

Has anyone else read the book perchance ?

Paul

Comment

• It isn't offered on Amazon over here yet-not until September. I hope it isn't another of those unsupported diatribes like the one that came out a couple of years ago by a retired French general and Ben Weider.

I'm looking forward to your review very much.

Sincerely,
                        M

Comment

• Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          It isn't offered on Amazon over here yet-not until September. I hope it isn't another of those unsupported diatribes like the one that came out a couple of years ago by a retired French general and Ben Weider.

I'm looking forward to your review very much.

Sincerely,
                          M
                          All I'll say at the moment is that It's worth getting.

Paul

Comment

• That's all U needed to say to convince me Paul...

Comment

• Me too.

Sincerely,
                              K

Comment

• Bugger, Me too now.
                                An 18th century Imagi nation blog set in England/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X