Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PATRIOTS OR MERCENARIES? POLISH LEGIONS IN THE SERVICE OF FRANCE (1797-1807)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

And those that Stalin thought would oppose Soviet rule were slaughtered at Katyn...
    Indeed. He understood how to deal with enemies.
    There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post

Indeed. He understood how to deal with enemies.
      Murder is never acceptable. Stalin was a monster.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

My maternal grandfather was Polish. In 1914, he had no choice. He was forcibly recruited into the Austro-Hungarian Army. Sent to the Italian front, he was wounded and taken prisoner. The Italian authorities then returned the Polish prisoners of war to France.
        My grandfather, recovering in Le Havre, then joined Haller's Blue Army and fought in Champagne. And to finish after WWI, he went to fight the Bolsheviks. My grandfather told me about the Russian 'pogroms' of which the population was the victim under their occupation, and this affected not only the Polish Jews but also the Catholics. Needless to say, he did not like the Russians very much, like most of the Poles ...

There at least, under Napoleon, the Poles had the freedom to choose the cause for which to die ...

Comment

Murder is never acceptable. Stalin was a monster.
          Say that to native Americans.

Stalin acted for the national interests of USSR. National interests are the most important notion.

Comment

Say that to native Americans.

Stalin acted for the national interests of USSR. National interests are the most important notion.
            Please tell us all you know and may or may not understand about the American Indian tribes both of the eastern woodland tribes and the Plains Indians. Please include what you know about Indian warfare.

Whatever Stalin acted for, he murdered millions of his own people, lost millions more without any conscience about the subject, in War II and enslaved eastern Europe at the end of War II.
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Please tell us all you know and may or may not understand about the American Indian tribes both of the eastern woodland tribes and the Plains Indians. Please include what you know about Indian warfare.
              I know that US killed plenty of indians and took their lands. The rest isn't important.

Whatever Stalin acted for, he murdered millions of his own people, lost millions more without any conscience about the subject, in War II and enslaved eastern Europe at the end of War II.
              Nothing really wrong with that. He reached many of his objectives and made a superpower. That's why he is still very popular.

Comment

I know that US killed plenty of indians and took their lands. The rest isn't important.

Nothing really wrong with that. He reached many of his objectives and made a superpower. That's why he is still very popular.
                Nothing wrong with murdering millions? Seems to me there is a moral compass problem here.

Comment

Nothing wrong with murdering millions? Seems to me there is a moral compass problem here.
                  Absolutely nothing. You feel no regret when your contry did so. Why should I ?

Comment

Absolutely nothing. You feel no regret when your contry did so. Why should I ?
                    And which 'millions' has the US murdered? The Indian Wars were just that-warfare-not the slaughter of millions of innocents.

Comment

And which 'millions' has the US murdered? The Indian Wars were just that-warfare-not the slaughter of millions of innocents.
                      Native Americans. Warfare is not an excuse. Filipinos, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamiese, Iraqis, Serbians,...

Comment

Native Americans. Warfare is not an excuse. Filipinos, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamiese, Iraqis, Serbians,...
                        American Indians. Apparently, the tribes today still refer to themselves as American Indians.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X