Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info on miniature of soldier may be French.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on miniature of soldier may be French.

Hello Members

I would like to know if someone has any info as to the uniform of this soldier?

He looks very interesting, I thought he may have been Russia,although now I am thinking French,he has an unusual looking face ,

He is not mine ,he is coming up for auction. sorry about images,had to take them from the monitor screen.

Regards Geppeto.

It's not French ...
    When we look at the type of medals, I think rather of an Austrian ...
    Besides the highest decoration (located at neck level) red cross with red ribbon, makes me think of the Order of Ferdinand Karl Joseph

Comment

This is a Russian General, most likely in the uniform of the Preobrazhensky regiment of 1799.

Comment

Hi Vladimir
        many thanks for your reply.
        does this mean we should be able to find out who he was?
        are there records about these regiments?
        regards Geppeto.

Comment

Hi!
          I'm sorry, but I can't determine who exactly is depicted in the portrait. The Preobrazhensky regiment was the most elite regiment of the Russian army. Service in the regiment was a privilege and a reward, so there were many senior officers in the regiment. I asked your question on a Russian forum, maybe they will be able to determine who is depicted in the portrait.

Comment

Hi Vladimir

Thanks very much,maybe something may come up.

Geppeto.

Comment

Hi Members
              An update on the miniature I posted,I did not get it at the auction, It looks like some one knew who he was (quiet a few people)

He sold for $1800.00 Australian dollars.pre auction estimate $300-500.00.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X