Napoleon's Trip Into The Pyramid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleon's Trip Into The Pyramid

This is probably the littlest known fact about the Battle of the Pyramids. But, it is also the most intresting I have read.

After the Battle of the Pyramids, Napoleon decided to go into the great Pyramid of Gaza. Napoleon's guards were going to go follow him, but he ordered them to stay put. They pleaded with him to let them go with him, since the enemy might have ambushes set up in there.

He boldly declared, "I fear no man or god!"

He went into the pyramid, and for an hour was in there. His men began to get worried about him when he returned. He was shaking like a leaf and as white as snow. When asked what had happened, he refused to talk. Finally, his subordinates bugged him enough to say, in a very shakey voice, "I take the secret to the grave."

And, he did take the secret to the grave. He died without ever having talked about what happened in the pyramid.
    History of War Podcast

Episode 1: Why Study Military History?

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=57953
    Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by deenky
      What does "pi" and "phi" have to do with the dimensions of a pyramid?
      More specifically, the Great Pyramid of Cheops, or Khufu, or whatever, is supposed to have a relationship with those measurements somehow, though why it's relevant eludes me. And what the heck is the measurement of "phi"? Pi I've heard of, but phi?

Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by deenky
        What does "pi" and "phi" have to do with the dimensions of a pyramid?
        More specifically, the Great Pyramid of Cheops, or Khufu, or whatever, is supposed to have a relationship with those measurements somehow, though why it's relevant eludes me. And what the heck is the measurement of "phi"? Pi I've heard of, but phi?
        Pi has the constant measurement of 3,14, it is the ratio of any circle's circumference in relation to its diameter.

It's difficult to explain however as I'm, above all things, certainly NOT a mathematician

I've learned that Pi is 3,14 in high school and I've never forgotten.

I believe that Pi is used in relation with the sky when it comes to pyramides. The sky is a half circle and by using Pi the pyramides they can somehow be used to make astrological measurements...

That's just my idea !!!!

Greets,
        Stratego
        Last edited by Stratego; 16 Feb 10, 05:15.
        Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

Comment

An interesting tale, and one we may never know the answer to. In this lifetime any way
          "With great authority comes great responsibility."

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Brigade View Post
            This is probably the littlest known fact about the Battle of the Pyramids. But, it is also the most intresting I have read.

After the Battle of the Pyramids, Napoleon decided to go into the great Pyramid of Gaza. Napoleon's guards were going to go follow him, but he ordered them to stay put. They pleaded with him to let them go with him, since the enemy might have ambushes set up in there.

He boldly declared, "I fear no man or god!"

He went into the pyramid, and for an hour was in there. His men began to get worried about him when he returned. He was shaking like a leaf and as white as snow. When asked what had happened, he refused to talk. Finally, his subordinates bugged him enough to say, in a very shakey voice, "I take the secret to the grave."

And, he did take the secret to the grave. He died without ever having talked about what happened in the pyramid.
            He saw Murat without his makeup.
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse