Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kettledrummers of the 1st Lancers a Cheval. (Polish Lancers of the Guard) Part 2

Attached Files

Comment

• Kettledrummers of the 2nd Lancers a Cheval. (Dutch or Red Lancers of the Guard)

Attached Files
      Last edited by ewpeyia; 23 Aug 10, 05:14.

Comment

• Kettledrummers of the Line Cavalry Regiments.

1st Cuirassiers

Attached Files

Comment

1st Hussars

Attached Files

Comment

Carabiniers

As I said at the start of this post, I am sure some of these have been posted before but I wanted to keep them in the context of their units.

Ed
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ewpeyia View Post
              Kettledrummers of the 2nd Lancers a Cheval. (Dutch or Red Lancers of the Guard)

The picture above is a kettle drummer of the Chasseurs a Cheval de la Garde

This is a picture of a kettle drummer of the 2nd Lancers of the Guard c.1811

Paul
              Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 23 Aug 10, 04:51.
              ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
              All human ills he can subdue,
              Or with a bauble or medal
              Can win mans heart for you;
              And many a blessing know to stew
              To make a megloamaniac bright;
              Give honour to the dainty Corse,
              The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                The picture above is a kettle drummer of the Chasseurs a Cheval de la Garde

This is a picture of a kettle drummer of the 2nd Lancers of the Guard c.1811

Paul
                Whoops - ta, have altered the post.

Ed

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                  If I may, I would like to do a mega post of all the Jacques-Marie Gaston Onfray de Breville (JOB) pictures that I have on my computer
                  Bravo, Paul! Bravo! I am a long time admirer of his work.
                  My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

• Please tell me, from which regiment is this hussar? I thought about 4th hussars, according to the red pelisse, but I´m not sure. It should be a pic from battle of Austerlitz. If you can, tell me please
                    Attached Files
                    Frederick William III of Prussia - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Comment

• Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
                      Please tell me, from which regiment is this hussar? I thought about 4th hussars, according to the red pelisse, but I´m not sure. It should be a pic from battle of Austerlitz. If you can, tell me please
                      In my opinion they are chasseurs de la garde.

Comment

• Originally posted by von Aicha View Post
                        Please tell me, from which regiment is this hussar? I thought about 4th hussars, according to the red pelisse, but I´m not sure. It should be a pic from battle of Austerlitz. If you can, tell me please
                        Nolendil is correct. Imperial Guard Chasseur a Cheval.

Ed

Comment

• Sirs,
                          It would be a tie between the 6th Inniskilling Dragoons and of course His Majesty's Fifth Regiment of Foot Old Corps . You have to be sharp to earn the nickname of Wellington's Bodyguard. I cannot imagine he would allow some ill attired unit to be his personal bodyguard.
                          Cheers!
                          "There isn't always enough time to say or do all of the things we might wish. The trick is to do all that we can with the time that we have. Because one day you will turn around, and suddenly you aren't there anymore"

Go mbeannaí Dia duit

Comment

• One personal spam from me

My characters Rufus and Eugéne AKA two drummers of the 1st regiment of grenadiers of the Imperial Guard. (1804)

Qui a composé la chanson ?
                            C'est un tambour du bataillon.
                            Un soir d‘été, en battant la retraite,
                            Pensant à sa mie, que toujours il regrette.

Comment

• Very nice, Cath. Have you ever considered developing some short stories for those two characters?
                              My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                                Very nice, Cath. Have you ever considered developing some short stories for those two characters?
                                Thank you, Zouave! ...and yes, there is a little one even for this picture
                                Rufus is an ordinary drummer of the Imperial Guard and Eugéne just a talented drummer boy...so Rufus teaches him and gives him some good advices like: "(...) and if you play it somehow wrong, don't worry, because the soldiers doesn't know anything about fine drum and others just don't listen..."

By the years Rufus begins to be envious when he sees that Eugéne is becoming much better than him, but his envy is ended in the begining of the Russian campaign, when he gets hit by a deviated shot. This is Eugéne's face when he sees him dying. It was a hard loss to him of course, they were fine mates.

Here is one more picture of them, waking up in barracks before playing La Diane to wake up everyone

(Sorry for spam )
                                Qui a composé la chanson ?
                                C'est un tambour du bataillon.
                                Un soir d‘été, en battant la retraite,
                                Pensant à sa mie, que toujours il regrette.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X