Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Uniform

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Marcarl View Post
    Actually, I am retiring from Armchairgeneral indefinitely.... Signing off.
    You artistic luvvies are a tad too prone to the vapours... in my 'umble opinion.
    The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Marcarl View Post
      Actually, I am retiring from Armchairgeneral indefinitely.... Signing off.
      Blimey...the drama. Why do people need to declare this rather than just not showing up again?

      As Dibble said, it's good to see cleaned up images but the other stuff is not 'your work'. You're messing around with other people's masterworks and slapping a big 'sig' on it. Get over yourself.
      Last edited by Compans; 15 Aug 10, 10:08.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MartyB View Post
        Fella, let it go. If old Paul can't address the rude issue why do you?

        By the way, concerning your original attack, its not "... your off to a good start..." and "...cause your new..." (that is incorrect). It should be "you are off", "you're off", "cause you are new", or "cause you're new"

        Should be "it's not" and not “its not” (that is incorrect), as in this case "its not " is used as a contraction of "it is not."

        I am just a lurker here but I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted pictures. Much appreciated!
        Last edited by whgroene; 15 Aug 10, 15:20.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Latro View Post
          Ah, my first book on uniforms..
          'twas a simple dutch booklet with just a single colour plate. I asked my mother another one from the series, for my birthday. She bought me a Funcken instead.
          And then I was hooked...

          Yes, of course I have all the Osprey's
          Those Funcken publications are an excellent rout into the hobby, I used to have the Lace Wars and The Napoleonic Wars parts I & II, but sadly all I now have is The Napoleonic Wars part II; it is the hardback 1973 edition and is so battered that it is held together with black carpet tape and no dust jacket. There is a bonus with the book in that it has taken on a beautiful old book smell that always gets my pulse racing.

          Paul
          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
          All human ills he can subdue,
          Or with a bauble or medal
          Can win mans heart for you;
          And many a blessing know to stew
          To make a megloamaniac bright;
          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
          The Pixie is a little shite.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by whgroene View Post
            Should be "it's not" and not “its not” (that is incorrect), as in this case "its not " is used as a contraction of "it is not."

            I am just a lurker here but I just want to say thank you to everyone who has posted pictures. Much appreciated!
            Welcome to the site, Enjoy at your leasure and I hope you will stay around and become a long standing contributer to the A.C.G.

            My regards to that beautiful country of yours; South Africa.(excluding the vuvuzela )

            Paul
            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
            All human ills he can subdue,
            Or with a bauble or medal
            Can win mans heart for you;
            And many a blessing know to stew
            To make a megloamaniac bright;
            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
            The Pixie is a little shite.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
              Those Funcken publications are an excellent rout into the hobby, I used to have the Lace Wars and The Napoleonic Wars parts I & II, but sadly all I now have is The Napoleonic Wars part II; it is the hardback 1973 edition and is so battered that it is held together with black carpet tape and no dust jacket. There is a bonus with the book in that it has taken on a beautiful old book smell that always gets my pulse racing.

              Paul
              I have the same (Napoleonic) ones...barely held together now with a stringy blue spine.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                Taken on a beautiful old smell that always gets my pulse racing.
                Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post


                Paul

                Always was suspicioned you were a pervy old bastard...
                using your SAS training to slither into old folks homes, nocturnally sniffing their Shackleton high seats for the elderly...
                Bloody disgusting matey!!!

                The long toll of the brave
                Is not lost in darkness
                Over the fruitful earth
                And athwart the seas
                Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                Unquenchable forever.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
                  Always was suspicioned you were a pervy old bastard...
                  using your SAS training to slither into old folks homes, nocturnally sniffing their Shackleton high seats for the elderly...
                  Bloody disgusting matey!!!

                  Perversion to some is a pastime to others

                  Paul
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

                  Comment


                  • I've been away with some real life problems, but I would like to say a few things.

                    Ewpeyia and Dibble (Paul) are both great contributors to the forum. They are always ready to help out other members in any way possible, whenever possible.
                    Dibble wrote the following: "Please be assured that I had sent a rep with a kindly message to ewpeyia soon after he threatened not to post any more pictures". So the matter is settled for good.

                    I, for one, would like to see Ewpeyia posting here again.
                    My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                      Oh! by the way, If you need any help with uniform details like many others have on this forum, I will be only too happy to use my time to download them from my printer, onto photobucket, then onto this forum for you to download onto your computer at the cost of only a mousemove and a few clicks from yourself. Though please be aware that 'contrary to popular belief' I do not have all of the answers.

                      Paul
                      You hit the bullseye here, Paul. There are literally hundreds of so-called "members" that signed up just to get the beautiful plates available here. Most of them never posted anything at all and never even stopped by to say "hello" or "thanks".
                      My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                        I've been away with some real life problems, but I would like to say a few things.

                        Ewpeyia and Dibble (Paul) are both great contributors to the forum. They are always ready to help out other members in any way possible, whenever possible.
                        Dibble wrote the following: "Please be assured that I had sent a rep with a kindly message to ewpeyia soon after he threatened not to post any more pictures". So the matter is settled for good.

                        I, for one, would like to see Ewpeyia posting here again.
                        I will endorse that, Ewpeyia, you are a great contributor and if you do go it would be a great loss to this site. So come on Ewpeyia, show us your pictures, and please forgive this old crusty git, as all I was doing was being silly and I will in future. I can't be more contrite than that.

                        Paul
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                          You hit the bullseye here, Paul. There are literally hundreds of so-called "members" that signed up just to get the beautiful plates available here. Most of them never posted anything at all and never even stopped by to say "hello" or "thanks".
                          What those people who 'click and run' should realise, is that if they show their gratitude then It can do naught but encourage us contributors to do more to help with future requests whilst at the same time expanding the archive,

                          Be aware that if someone wants Information but has failed to give thanks (thank you, is just 8 taps of the keyboard) for any help they received in the past, then I'm afraid that I for one will ignore them.

                          Paul
                          ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                          All human ills he can subdue,
                          Or with a bauble or medal
                          Can win mans heart for you;
                          And many a blessing know to stew
                          To make a megloamaniac bright;
                          Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                          The Pixie is a little shite.

                          Comment


                          • Chapska of the 7th, 8th or 9th French regiment of Lancers




                            Habit of voltigeur of the 121st French line infantry regiment (1809)








                            Habit-veste of sergeant of the 116th French line infantry regiment






                            Shako of voltigeur of the 37th French line infantry regiment (1807-1812)

                            My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

                            Comment


                            • Those are some fine pictures Zouave. Where did you come across those?

                              Comment


                              • Osprey French Carabiniers.







                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X