Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Uniform

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dear ewpeyia, there is always one on every forum. "Dibby" is the typical condescending know-it-all, pompous big fish in a little pond.

    He looks down his nose at Osprey Publishing material because it is popular history and he is into 'real history' i.e. 'real historians don't use Osprey', hence the lame backhanded salute, "I am sure that many others would just love to see your Osprey collection." Don't you like the sneering "would just love".

    Then he gives his pompous consent and permission with "carry on posting", meaning 'If the others (slugs) like your postings...go ahead.' What a maroon.

    What really eludes me however is the weird "Don't let my tears get in your way,..." of course being of Irish descent I can't claim to know the muddled meaning of any Englishman.

    If this missive is taken by "Dibby" to be insulting, good.

    So, Dibby, carry on posting. You too ewpeyia.

    Comment


    • Well... your off to a good start... First off - Paul is well
      respected around here and second if you had of read my post
      you would have known that Paul was just playing, but you
      wouldn't know that cause your new and that is definitely not
      the right approach or a good start. What you are doing is trolling
      especially when I see you leave no indication on your profile of
      who you are and further more we don't need that here.

      Comment


      • I don't troll. I've been a member of this site since '08, so forget the "off to a good start" guff.

        I am an artist and historian who has enjoyed this website very much until now. I do not, however, find rude behavior acceptable.

        Paul was rude and his followup 'apology' was ruder. If you find this Paul a fine fellow...it says more about you than me. I think I will join ewpeyia when it comes to posting.

        Comment


        • 2nd post and you have been here since 2008, wow!!! did you have
          an epiphany and if anyone has been rude it has been you by name
          calling I didn't see Paul name call did you? If you don't like it here
          then leave.

          Comment


          • Fella, let it go. If old Paul can't address the rude issue why do you?

            By the way, concerning your original attack, its not "... your off to a good start..." and "...cause your new..." (that is incorrect). It should be "you are off", "you're off", "cause you are new", or "cause you're new"
            Attached Files

            Comment


            • Oh you don't worry about Paul addressing it because he
              certainly will be let me tell you.

              I attacked you? You better learn real quick this is a tight Knit
              community and you insult one you insult all around here. As far
              as I am concerned you should apologize other wise you might
              be hearing from other members about the high regard we have
              for Dibby. It will be in your best interest and then I will let it go.



              to your farewell
              Last edited by General Brock; 11 Aug 10, 03:50.

              Comment


              • Paul is not a 'typical condescending know-it-all, pompous big fish in a little pond', he is a valuable member that posts excellent material as well as ewpeyia and General Brock, they do contribute to this forum postive posts, not trying to troll like you, so stop the crap MartyB. So now back on topic, this is about uniforms not insults.
                Last edited by Post Captain; 11 Aug 10, 03:43.
                Never Fear the Event

                Admiral Lord Nelson

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MartyB View Post
                  Dear ewpeyia, there is always one on every forum. "Dibby" is the typical condescending know-it-all, pompous big fish in a little pond.

                  He looks down his nose at Osprey Publishing material because it is popular history and he is into 'real history' i.e. 'real historians don't use Osprey', hence the lame backhanded salute, "I am sure that many others would just love to see your Osprey collection." Don't you like the sneering "would just love".

                  Then he gives his pompous consent and permission with "carry on posting", meaning 'If the others (slugs) like your postings...go ahead.' What a maroon.

                  What really eludes me however is the weird "Don't let my tears get in your way,..." of course being of Irish descent I can't claim to know the muddled meaning of any Englishman.

                  If this missive is taken by "Dibby" to be insulting, good.

                  So, Dibby, carry on posting. You too ewpeyia.
                  Oi! Less of the big fish ( ) 'more of a duck really as your post is like the water that fails to wet my feathers. Please be assured that I had sent a rep with a kindly message to ewpeyia soon after he threatened not to post any more pictures.

                  I have no axe to grind with most off shore Irish people and be assured that I will see you as someone with your own Englishman/people issues that you really should get seen to by your trick cyclist.

                  Oh! by the way, If you need any help with uniform details like many others have on this forum, I will be only too happy to use my time to download them from my printer, onto photobucket, then onto this forum for you to download onto your computer at the cost of only a mousemove and a few clicks from yourself. Though please be aware that 'contrary to popular belief' I do not have all of the answers.

                  Paul
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

                  Comment


                  • "Typical condescending know-it-all, pompous big fish in a little pond"

                    Absolutely spot on Marty old bean, couldn't have put it better mesen. The man's an absolute bounder and he's serpently no Gentleman!
                    What's really obnoxious about this oaf is the fact that now and again, I do get the impression, that he knows of that of which he babbles. Being of Irish descent (related to the Dublin Wellesleys by any chance, old man?) you'll most likely find it ...

                    Bloody annoying when that 'appens?

                    The long toll of the brave
                    Is not lost in darkness
                    Over the fruitful earth
                    And athwart the seas
                    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                    Unquenchable forever.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
                      "Typical condescending know-it-all, pompous big fish in a little pond"

                      Absolutely spot on Marty old bean, couldn't have put it better mesen. The man's an absolute bounder and he's serpently no Gentleman!
                      What's really obnoxious about this oaf is the fact that now and again, I do get the impression, that he knows of that of which he babbles. Being of Irish descent (related to the Dublin Wellesleys by any chance, old man?) you'll most likely find it ...

                      Bloody annoying when that 'appens?

                      Why thanks for that ringing commendation from you Von!

                      First I have a Publius Servilius Casca Longus, now I have Marcus Junius Brutus.

                      Paul (AKA Dibbloony)
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

                      Comment


                      • Can I make it clear to all that I have quite a library of Osprey publications.

                        Here is a quick cross section.








                        Paul
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

                        Comment


                        • You are not the only one Paul I have about 20 - 25 Osprey as well
                          on hand you never know when you might need them and the price
                          was right.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by General Brock View Post
                            You are not the only one Paul I have about 20 - 25 Osprey as well
                            on hand you never know when you might need them and the price
                            was right.
                            Yup! In general, Ospreys are good value for money

                            Paul
                            Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 11 Aug 10, 14:40.
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

                            Comment


                            • Many years ago my mother-in-law bought me a book, observing that a book didn't seem much of a prezzie!
                              It's the one in which all the Osprey French Cavalry floppybacks were rebublished in one hardback tome. It's a massively impressive book I never tire of going back to. It's furthered my knowledge on the subject and helped with uniform details for numerous froggy tabletop Warriors!
                              I've often wondered why this type of book never caught on, if for example Wellington's Infantry were published in a single hardback volume, I'd have it like a shot for the piccies alone?

                              The long toll of the brave
                              Is not lost in darkness
                              Over the fruitful earth
                              And athwart the seas
                              Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                              Unquenchable forever.

                              Comment


                              • Ah, my first book on uniforms..
                                'twas a simple dutch booklet with just a single colour plate. I asked my mother another one from the series, for my birthday. She bought me a Funcken instead.
                                And then I was hooked...

                                Yes, of course I have all the Osprey's

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X