Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why on earth is my picture not showing up.

Comment

Found a great site concerning the Waterloo campaign.

http://jcminiatures.blogspot.com/200...1_archive.html
      Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

I keep failing. Can any one tell me how to insert images?

Comment

Well usually on the image to insert, i right click on the picture and come down to 'copy image location' then go to your message and just above on the toolbar there is an icon which looks like an envelope, (sixth icon from the right) click on that and then right click and select paste, and hopefully you are there.
          Last edited by Post Captain; 09 May 08, 10:01.
          Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

I'm really confused. I don't even get the option to 'copy image location'

Comment

Uniforms of the French Imperial Guard:

- Grenadiers ( Old Guard ): http://www.grenadiers-idf.com/histoi...setsapeurs.htm

- Fusiliers-Grenadiers ( Middle Guard ) and musicians: http://www.grenadiers-idf.com/histoi...tmusiciens.htm
              My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

Unfortunately I don't speak French Zouave, but the pictures are really interesting. They speak for themself

Comment

Two good links, thanks Zouave.
                  Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by the Iron Duke View Post
                    Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                    Just one?

"Napoleonic Uniforms: 2 volumes boxed set" by John Elting ( plates by Herbert Knotel ).
                    http://www.napoleonic-uniforms.com

For those interested in full coulour plates of the Napoleonic wars by Herbert Knotel, should have a look at the websited below.

http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/tafeln/knoetel.html
                    I love that website!

Last edited by Haken; 17 Jun 08, 13:52.

Comment

• Austrian army

-Infantry:

Left to right: Grenadier - Hohenlohe regiment ( Bohemian ) nº 17; Tambour-Grenadier - Kaunitz regiment ( Silesian, later Galician ) nº 20; Grenadier - Kleneck regiment ( Austrian ) nº 14; Fusilier - Vogelsang regiment ( Bohemian ) nº 47; Sous-officer - Jordis regiment ( Austrian ) nº 59; Sapeur - Wallis regiment ( Bohemian ) nº 11; Grenadier - Giulai/Gynlay ( Hungarian ) nº 60; Grenadier officer - Sztaray/Satarray ( Hungarian ) nº 33; Fusilier officer - Vanceslas Colloredo regiment ( Moravian ) nº 56.

-Cavalry:

Cuirassiers:

Left to right: Emperor Francis regiment ( Bohemian ) nº 1; Archduke Francis Joseph regiment ( Bohemian ) nº 2; Archduke Albert regiment ( Moravian ) nº 3; Archduke Ferdinand regiment ( Austrian ) nº 4; Trumpeter - Archduke Ferdinand regiment ( Austrian ) nº 4.

Cuirassiers and Uhlans:

To be continued...
                      Last edited by Zouave; 06 Jul 08, 17:49.
                      My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

• Can anybody find a site for the rank insignia for all armies for this period, i would like to know for instance what a French captain wore to distinguish his rank, i know a French sergeant had a single gold stripe and a corporal had two gold stripes(i thought it would be the other way round). But i would really like to find a site dedicated to the rank insignias for all the armies.
                        Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

• Maybe Zouave can help on this one.
                          All warfare is based on deception.
                          Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

• Is this what your looking for ?
                            Last edited by General Brock; 23 Jan 14, 22:32.

Comment

• Yes that's the sort of site, but i am also looking for the other armies as well. Many thanks.
                              Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

• Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                                Maybe Zouave can help on this one.
                                I'm searching...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X