Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first two are of the 2nd regiment, Vistula legion. they were unique in that the Grenadier company had white epaulettes on a dark blue uniform.

The third picture needs a bit more research.

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
      The first two are of the 2nd regiment, Vistula legion. they were unique in that the Grenadier company had white epaulettes on a dark blue uniform.

The third picture needs a bit more research.

Paul
      Brill! Absolutly Brill!! I've looked for weeks.

Ed

Comment

• 1st French Hussars bei Keith Rocco

Comment

• Grenadiers a Cheval by Keith Rocco

Comment

• Cuirassier Officer by Keith Rocco

Comment

• Russian Infantry

You can go and see more at the address on the picture he has some real
              good stuff at the site.
              Last edited by General Brock; 23 Jan 14, 23:31.

Comment

• I always liked Knötel

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Uniforms

My favorite are the French Grenadiers a Cheval de la Garde along with the Artillerie a Pied and Artillerie a Cheval de la Garde.

Sincerely,
                          M
                          We are not now that strength which in old days
                          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

• New on these forums

Hello everyone,

My name is Stevan and I am new on these forums. I have a long time interest in french revolution and napoleonic wars uniforms. Especially the uniforms of the French army from 1789 as far as 1871.

I have a few napoleonic uniform books in my little library and my most valuable books are Col. Elting's Napoleonic Uniforms Vols 1 and 2 covering the French armies of Revolution and Empire.

I have a few uniform pictures to post here that I hope everyone will find interesting. Namely the uniforms of Serbian fighters from Napoleonic period. The plates were done by a Serbian artist. I am originally from Serbia but living in Canada.

I will caption the pics cause the grades of the soldiers are written in Serbian.

Pic1. Becar=irregular infantry 1806-1808
                            Pic2. Dobosar=drummer regular infantry 1808
                            Pic3. Kapetan Ilija= Captain Ilija c. 1809
                            Pic4. Officer=probably of irregular infantry
                            Pic5. Officer of regular infantry c. 1808-1809
                            Pic6. Regular infantryman c. 1809

Just to give a small history of our part during Napoleonic wars.
                            In the year 1804 Serbia broke out in an open rebellion against Ottoman Empire. We were under them for a long time. People revolted in 1804 under the leadership of Black George (known as Karadorde)
                            We won initial victories and tried hard to free ourselves from the Ottoman empire. We sought alliance with Napoleon and offered to be absorbed by the French Empire as long as they free us from Turkish rule. Napoleon was not interested to damage his relation with the Ottomans and turned us down. He even invaded Montenegro. Us Serbs still needing an ally against Turkey turned to Imperial Russia for help. Russia did help us and did fight with the Turks until 1812 when Napoleon invaded Russia. Russia signs peace treaty with Turks and focuses its attention on Napoleon. Turks crush rebellion in Serbia with brutal force. We were overrun by year 1813 and reconquered. In year 1814 and 1815 we rebelled against Ottomans and little by little we won our independence.

I will post more plates of Serbian soldiers from Napoleonic period at a later point.

BTW our uniforms at that time were strongly influenced by Russian army regulations and were sometimes combined with local Serbian peasant attire.
                            Many Serbs and Croats at that time period also served in the armies of France and Austria as well. Austria controlling Croatia and Dalmatia at that time and then from 1809 until 1814 they came under Napoleon's rule.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Stevan; 05 Aug 09, 11:18.

Comment

• Small help needed regarding uniform plates

I had been for a long time researching civil war in Vendee and south of France during French Revolution. I was wondering if anyone among you gentlemen has a useful link with color plates of French peasant Royalist forces Chouans and Vendeans who fought against the Republic and also the plates of French republican forces that were sent to crush them. 1793-1797 period. I tried in vain to find some plates on that subject on the net because there were none around Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Comment

• Serbian troops uniform plates part II

Some color uniform plates of Serbian soldiers during Napoleon
                                Enjoy.

Captions:

Pic 1. Regular Infantry summer dress 1809
                                Pic 2. Regular Infantry winter dress 1809
                                Pic 3. Infantry 1809
                                Pic 4. Infantry regular musician 1808-1809
                                Pic 5. Serbian Freikorps c. 1813 (probably serving in the Austrian army based on the uniform he is wearing)
                                Pic 6. Artilleryman c 1808
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X