Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Best Uniform

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmpf , didin't work. Let's try this one.

Comment

• Nice pics, Iron Duke. Thanks for sharing these.

I also enjoyed the miniatures link.
      History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon. Napoleon Bonaparte
      _________
      BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
        The uniforms are very exotic but please try to post Napoleonic/Revolutionary pictures (1792-1815)

Paul
        they are Napoleonic/Revolutionary pictures. strelets were used from the 1600-early 1800 and the swedish musketeers obviously look like Napoleonic
        “May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.”- General George S Patton

Comment

• goairforce8
          Don't be silly!

Comment

• Originally posted by goairforce8 View Post
            they are Napoleonic/Revolutionary pictures. strelets were used from the 1600-early 1800 and the swedish musketeers obviously look like Napoleonic
            These are Swedish Napoleonic Line Infantry Uniforms.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by goairforce8 View Post
              For your information:
              Streltsy were the units of Russian guardsmen [Strelets - literally "shooter"; often translated as "musketeer," but more precisely "harquebusier"]. Established in the middle of the 16th century, they formed the bulk of the Russian army for about 100 years. Providing the Tsar's bodyguard, and, at the end of the 17th century, they exercised considerable political influence. In 1698 in Tsar Peter's absence was the most dangerous time. Four Strelets' regiments had moved from Polish boundaries to Moscow, but were met at New Jerusalem by two Guards and Butyrsky regiments. The onslaught of forces devoted to Peter made the strelets surrender. After the investigation, 130 Strelets were hanged, 140 were lashed with a whip and the others were exiled. Peter, who urgently returned from abroad, demanded re-investigation of the Strelets' case. According to his order, more than a thousand of strelets were returned from exile and were executed in public, with Peter himself performing as one of the executioners. The rest were dispersed among regular army units and the streletsy ceased to exist.

Comment

• more austrian light infantry

prussian fusiliers

Comment

• Last edited by Alexei16; 22 Apr 09, 16:16.

Comment

• Russian grenadiers

Austrian Fusileers, in 1798 uniforms.

Austrian Jager, 1800.
                    similar to the fusiliers

Russian cossacks dismounted

The infamous black watch

Comment

• dutch grenadier

napoleons young guard

french scouts

elite french infantry

French Mamelukes
                      Last edited by goairforce8; 22 Apr 09, 16:37.

Comment

• In whom there is a uniform of Dutch infantry to 1812

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Alexei16 View Post
                            I love this one. A Saxon member of the Garde du Corps if I'm not mistaken

Comment

• Originally posted by the Iron Duke View Post
                              I love this one. A Saxon member of the Garde du Corps if I'm not mistaken
                              yes this is Saxon.

Comment

• Another fine specimen of Saxon Life Guards

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X