X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
    Nice link!

I want that D'Hautpol miniature.
    If anyone wishes to purchase from HISTOREX Agents, their national and international mail order system is second to none.

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
      And here's one for you Legate

Thank you,Paul!!

Curiassers are my faves after the great Grenadiers a Cheval.
      If the art of war were nothing but the art of avoiding risks,glory would become the prey of mediocre minds. Napoleon

Comment

• I must join in the chorus of thanks to you for posting some more smashin pics Paul.

I think Alexei16 was referring to the splendid 60-70's illustrations of British Light cavalry,, I've never seen them before either... Is it the same illustrator for the 'Lancers on Mars' pics... Those are gorgeous! ... the horses look very much like Funcken pics but the foreground lancers are like Mike chappel on acid especailly by the time he painted the vistula lancers, the lines are way more baroque than the others... is it the same illustartor getting more confident (its harder for me to compare digita images)? I love the illustrators whipping brush style... very loose, high contrasts, but with loads of detail! I don't think this kind of painting is done anymore... and then the cubist detail insets ()

I'm sure if Mars had Lancers they would look just like these...

Napoleonic military fashion is so cool, I find it alomost impossible to choose a favourite costume... a top five in no order... RHA officer, Brit heavy dragoons, Britsih Light dragoons, Saxon Garde de Corps, the whole Bavarian army... and I've no room Wuttembergers, French , Neopolitans, Russians! impossible. If I did choose this week next week I'll have changed my mind completely - I tend to draw a favourite which exorcises the fancy... and another demon costume can then take its place...

I'm also happy you brought P.Bergnini to my attension... lovely! I'm gonna do some homework on him.

ps I've also been following the operation Sea Lion thread... I don't think English radicalism was ever anti-nationalist enough to give France sufficient reliable allies within England... the relative loyalty displayed in the naval mutinies display this... I think a 'successful' (?) revolution at this time needed a disgruntled frustrated middle class to animate the lower class, like in 1780's France, 1640's Britain evan 1770's America and the British 'Napoleonic' () state middle calsses were making too much money under their existing parlimentary system to side with Napoleon. And after the 'Terror' years. But you never know. oops wrong forum post.

chasseur-a-cheval-de-la-garde.jpg

You-Walkerloo-sketch-out.jpg

horses-ass..jpg

hmmm I'll sign off with the Chasseurs a Cheval de la Garde after, very after Gericault .... Very Smart Attire, Napoleons favourites can be mine. I've now finished the picture should have put the 'booth' together later in the week - I'm doing a series of these 'interactive -paintings for photographs'... who next?... so exciting! I intend to take them into action at Waterloo this June... and perhaps on tour in the summer...

oh and a link to an excellent on line library of Historex kit illustrations, colour pics: http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Ba...50/cframe.html and other Historex links, http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Ba.../3050/nap.html
        Last edited by CWalkerloo; 20 Apr 09, 07:02.

Comment

• CWalkerloo

The illustrator for both the British Light Cavalry & French Lancers was Emir Bukhari, An illustrator with a unique style. The illustrations were used by Almark publications as part of their Nations in Arms series of books for war gamers & model figure painters during the 1970s.

Paul

Comment

• Russian Strelets look pretty nice

swedes look nice to
            “May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.”- General George S Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by goairforce8 View Post

Russian Strelets look pretty nice

swedes look nice to
              The uniforms are very exotic but please try to post Napoleonic/Revolutionary pictures (1792-1815)

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Legate View Post
                Thank you,Paul!!

Curiassers are my faves after the great Grenadiers a Cheval.
                Ill see what I can do. I've got a Thursday to Monday long weekend off & will do some "Mega" posting on this and the 'favourite Napoleonic Picture' site.

Retreat from Moscow anyone?...

Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                  Ill see what I can do. I've got a Thursday to Monday long weekend off & will do some "Mega" posting on this and the 'favourite Napoleonic Picture' site.

Retreat from Moscow anyone?...

Paul
                  You do that and you will be awarded with the Légion d'honneur.

My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                    You do that and you will be awarded with the Légion d'honneur.

If any of you have the Major Faber du Faur Illustrated notebook, then you will know what Type of pictures I am going to post on the 'favourite Napoleonic Picture' site. I will post some uniforms of British cavalry, Infantry & artillery & French Cuirassiers, Horse grenadiers, Line Dragoons and some (You can never get enough) Hussars & Chasseurs a Cheval, on the 'Best Uniform' site. That should keep me busy until Monday....

Paul

Comment

• Bring em on D2B... I am holding my breath and going blue waiting....

Comment

• Originally posted by General Brock View Post
                        Bring em on D2B... I am holding my breath and going blue waiting....
                        General, please exhale as I am not posting until tomorrow & a nice healthy rose cheek complexion would look less alarming

Paul

Comment

• I always liked the blue of the Royal Horse Guards

Comment

• A Dutch carabinier

Comment

• For anyone interested, on the link below they can see a variety of miniatures, mainly of Napoleonic personalities by Enzo-Favaro

http://www.gastart.it/English-Gastar...avaro_eng.html

Comment

• Another one of General D'Hautpoul

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X