This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike brown View Post

I much prefer the 95th rifles uniform, very smart when they are not on campaign.
    Sorry Mike, I should probably hold my tongue but that hat looks kinda dorky to me

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
      Based solely on the pictures here I must say I think less is more. Therefore, I like the Scots Greys.
      I agree, smart looking but still practical.

Edit-sorry, I mistook which uniform was being refered to. This is the one I like, not sure of outfit:

Last edited by Canuckster; 22 Sep 07, 11:07.

Comment

Polish Lancers

I vote for the Polish lancers.

Brutal, Brave, and classy

Matt
        Last edited by Airchallenged; 22 Sep 07, 12:48.
        "We Will Stay Here, If We Must All Go to Hell Together"
        -Col. John R. Cooke, 27th NC

Avatar: My Grandfather on the right. His twin on the left. Their older brother in the middle. In their Navy Blues

Comment

what happened to my pics? when I go to edit it the image locations are still there in the brackets but I can not see them. They showed up when I first posted but I just refreshed the page and they disappeared...

Avatar: My Grandfather on the right. His twin on the left. Their older brother in the middle. In their Navy Blues

Comment

Hussars

More Hussars. Take a look, Swampwolf.

French Hussar ( Marechal des Logis ) of the 4th Hussar regiment ( 1807-1812 ):

Hussar of the French 7th Hussars in Egypt - 1799:

Hussar of the French 8th Hussar regiment ( the one standing on the right ):

Last edited by Zouave; 25 Mar 09, 17:23.
            My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post
              Sorry Mike, I should probably hold my tongue but that hat looks kinda dorky to me
              try telling Dick Sharpe that.

Last edited by Post Captain; 22 Sep 07, 14:47.
              Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Zouave, you are posting some very interesting pictures, keep up the great work, rep coming up.
                Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...%3Den%26sa%3DN

interesting link for other items of uniform, during that period.
                  Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Two more, Mike.

Hussar of the French 8th Hussars ( 1804-1812 ) - Grand tenue ( full uniform ), Chef d'Escadron:

French 8th Chasseur a cheval regiment ( light cavalry ), battle or campaign dress ( 1809-1813 ):

Last edited by Zouave; 25 Mar 09, 19:56.
                    My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

Must admit the French cavalry had very colourful and varied uniforms, i saw a great picture a few years back of a re-enactor dressed as a general of Imperial guard horse artillery, there was so much gold braid on it you could hardly see the uniform colour underneath, i have yet to find that photo again.
                      Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Ok, I'm in a posting mood today.

French 8th Cuirassier regiment ( Line Heavy Cavalry ), Lieutenant, full uniform ( 1810-1815 ):

French 29th Light Infantry Regiment, Lieutenant, Chasseur Company, full uniform ( 1804-1808 ):

Next: French Imperial Guard and Line infantry.

Comment

I forgot to post these pictures.

French 4th Dragoon regiment, Captain:

French 6th Line regiment, Regimental Artillery, Captain, service dress ( 1812-1813 ):

Next: French Imperial Guard and Line infantry.
                          Last edited by Zouave; 25 Mar 09, 20:07.

Comment

Interesting to see the gorget still in use on those chaps. For some reason, I thought they had gone out of style in the years following the American Revolution, but apparently not.
                            Ship of the Month: USS McFaul (DDG 74)
                            Click Here for More Info

Comment

Zouave,

Can you post some pics of Napoleon's Polish Lancers for me? Mine disappeared for some reason.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mike brown View Post
                                try telling Dick Sharpe that.
                                The bill on the hat, which seemed to be missing on original image, makes a major difference. Second image looks smart, I agree.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X