• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Images III

Here is the next set. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Steve Curtis

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once." William Shakespeare

Comment

• Russian Images IV

On to the Mounted Troops.
      Attached Files
      Steve Curtis

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once." William Shakespeare

Comment

• Russian Images V

More Mounted Troops
        Attached Files
        Steve Curtis

Comment

• I need a help from you, people.
          I'm searching for uniforms of French Guard fifers. Best would be according to date of battle of Austerlitz (but that's not so important).
          And I'm not really sure if their uniform was quite the same as guard drummers had.
          Maybe I should ask the other way: Does anyone have any picture of a fifer in a bearskin?

Thanks for any help!
          Qui a composé la chanson ?
          C'est un tambour du bataillon.
          Un soir d‘été, en battant la retraite,
          Pensant à sa mie, que toujours il regrette.

Comment

• here's a page out of a old tradition magazine concerning fifre's of the chasseurs a pied
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Cath B. View Post
              I need a help from you, people.
              I'm searching for uniforms of French Guard fifers. Best would be according to date of battle of Austerlitz (but that's not so important).
              And I'm not really sure if their uniform was quite the same as guard drummers had.
              Maybe I should ask the other way: Does anyone have any picture of a fifer in a bearskin?

Thanks for any help!
              This shows a Guard Chasseur Fifer. Hope it helps.
              Ed
              Attached Files

Comment

• That's great!
                Thank you, both of you!

Were fifers of chasseurs a pied the only one who wore bearskins? What about fifers of guard grenadiers, expecialy from old guard? (Sorry for tons of requests...)

Comment

• i have made a picture of the fifre of the second grenadiers (this is the undress )this means that this dress could be worn into battle
                  the first grenadiers also used the same uniform rules and even had a corporal fifre (pic 5925)
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by repd View Post
                    i have made a picture of the fifre of the second grenadiers (this is the undress )this means that this dress could be worn into battle
                    the first grenadiers also used the same uniform rules and even had a corporal fifre (pic 5925)
                    Awesome! Thanks for the info also!

Comment

• French 4th Dragoon regiment, Captain, full dress ( 1805-06 ).

French 8th Chasseurs a cheval, Brigadier, campaign uniform ( 1809-1813 ).

Chasseurs a cheval of the French Imperial Guard, tenue de société ( 1805-1808 ).

My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

• I like the good old "lobster" uniform of the Royal Marines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, I think Carthage must be destroyed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                          French 4th Dragoon regiment, Captain, full dress ( 1805-06 ).

French 8th Chasseurs a cheval, Brigadier, campaign uniform ( 1809-1813 ).

Chasseurs a cheval of the French Imperial Guard, tenue de société ( 1805-1808 ).

Awsome pics Zouave, but how come the uniform of the Dragoon is blue? I always was under the impression that they wore green. I'm confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Iron Duke View Post
                            Awsome pics Zouave, but how come the uniform of the Dragoon is blue? I always was under the impression that they wore green. I'm confused.
                            Don't be confused, my friend.

It's green. Remember, this is an authentic ( old ) uniform. The colours have faded a bit with time.
                            My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Warpaint View Post
                              Polish infantry
                              Interesting figures, and who [avtor].[A] Poles still there is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                                For you and anyone else who can't upload the pics of Pierre Conrad by repd, here is my latest set:

cuirassiers

Paul
                                But still there are such plane-tables?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X