This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by the Iron Duke View Post
    I would like to rep you for that one, but because of some reason, I'm not allowed to do so.
    Can you expand on the reason please? I ask this because the last PM I received was from PAUL MANN III who was banned soon after and perhaps something they have done could have caused PM's to me being blocked

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• I just sent one to U Paul and it worked just fine....

Comment

• Originally posted by General Brock View Post
        I just sent one to U Paul and it worked just fine....
        S'funny! I can't send one to you. Though I was able to send one to Iron Duke

Anyway, Thanks for the Rep James, I'll try and send you one as soon as I'm able.

Paul
        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
        All human ills he can subdue,
        Or with a bauble or medal
        Can win mans heart for you;
        And many a blessing know to stew
        To make a megloamaniac bright;
        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Iron Duke View Post
          The cavalry on the second picture from the left at the bottom of post 2963 look very much like British light dragoons. Are they really Batavian?
          Yes, this is the 5th Dragoon Regiment. Several pages of this book:

Comment

• [QUOTE=vladimir Pantin;2612695]Yes, this is the 5th Dragoon Regiment. Several pages of this book:

I stand corrected. However, the similarity is striking

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
              S'funny! I can't send one to you. Though I was able to send one to Iron Duke

Anyway, Thanks for the Rep James, I'll try and send you one as soon as I'm able.

Paul

It's saying: "You must spread some reputation around before giving it again to Dibble201Bty. I reped at least three people since than and still I'm not able to rep you. A shame.

Chris

Comment

• Identify uniform

Could any member identify this uniform for me, thanks in advance.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...1&d=1377937893

Ed
                Attached Files

Comment

• This General San Martín Regiment of Mounted Grenadiers (Regimiento de Granaderos a Caballo General San Martín).
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regimen...ted_Grenadiers

Comment

• [QUOTE=vladimir Pantin;2625154]This General San Martín Regiment of Mounted Grenadiers (Regimiento de Granaderos a Caballo General San Martín).

Thankyou very much for your help. Have a Rep.

Ed
                    Last edited by ewpeyia; 01 Sep 13, 01:24.

Comment

• Something that was shared a while back on a facebook page I am a member of. Normally I don't like Garde du Corps-units, whose sole purpose was to guard the palace and look pretty, but for King Louis of Holland 1809 Mounted Garde du Corps, I'm making an exception. There's something gorgeous about the combination of red and silver. The braid is a bit too 'foppy' for my taste, though.

Now I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence this mans haircolor matches the fur...

Comment

• Hello,

I seach some information about the uniforms of the duchy of Oldenburg 1813-1815.
                        I know that it's exist a plate of Peter Bunde N°244.
                        But i don't find any informations about these régiment.

Many thanks.

Didier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper_Viccc View Post
                          Something that was shared a while back on a facebook page I am a member of. Normally I don't like Garde du Corps-units, whose sole purpose was to guard the palace and look pretty, but for King Louis of Holland 1809 Mounted Garde du Corps, I'm making an exception. There's something gorgeous about the combination of red and silver. The braid is a bit too 'foppy' for my taste, though.

Now I'm wondering if it's just a coincidence this mans haircolor matches the fur...
                          All Garde du Corps units weren't just for show. And are you referring to units actually named as 'Garde du Corps' or do you mean all guard units?

Sincerely,
                          M

Comment

• Comment

• Dear Vladimir,

Many thank's for your answer.

Friendly

Didier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper_Viccc View Post
                                Something that was shared a while back on a facebook page I am a member of. Normally I don't like Garde du Corps-units, whose sole purpose was to guard the palace and look pretty, but for King Louis of Holland 1809 Mounted Garde du Corps, I'm making an exception. There's something gorgeous about the combination of red and silver. The braid is a bit too 'foppy' for my taste, though.

Well, guard units sometimes behaved badly (for example in Moscow selling at very high prices supplies and other stuff to unlucky army units) but you can`t say that they were needless. After all they consisted from combat veterans and not just tall and handsome recruits like in other armies of that era. Also Guard units provided officers for regular army a lot. And at the end starting from Krasnoe Guard units participated in almost all engagements till the evening of Waterloo as stormtroopers that could change the outcome of the battle (like at Hanau).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X