This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ewpeyia View Post
    I dont' think that copyright is the reason, other members are posting saying what great pictures they are.

I'm refering to the posts on P15 & 16.
    ED
    For you and anyone else who can't upload the pics of Pierre Conrad by repd, here is my latest set:

cuirassiers

Paul
    Attached Files
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

I am also having a problem, PDF reader says the files are corrupt, I'm using Adobe Reader 9, and I get a similar message with the Rapid Share Files, Link message reads 'File not found'.

Any help would be appreciated.

No problems with Dibble201Bty files, Tremendous pictures.

Ed
      That's working fine for me. I wish I could help you guys more.
      My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
        For you and anyone else who can't upload the pics of Pierre Conrad by repd, here is my latest set:

cuirassiers

Paul
        Thankyou very much, they really are excellent.
        Ed

Comment

• Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,
          "If we had not driven them into hell, hell would have swallowed us."
          - Field Marshal Prince Aleksandr V. Suvorov,
          1787, The battle of Kinburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz86 View Post
            Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,
            Taz86,

I see that you, like me, are a fan of cuirassiers ( especially the French ).

French cuirassiers ( plates by Herbert Knöetel, son of Richard Knötel ): http://caveantconsules.com/Cuirassiers.html
            My avatar: Center of the Cross of the Légion d'honneur (Legion of Honour) of the First French Empire (Napoleonic Era), 3rd type (awarded between 1806-1808). My Légion d'honneur. :-)

Comment

I dont' think that copyright is the reason, other members are posting saying what great pictures they are.

I'm refering to the posts on P15 & 16.
              ED
              Let me put it this way, it is absolutely because of copyright rapidshare detects these and deletes them I know I have been going there for years now and it states this right in there rules.

Regards
              James

Comment

• gentleman i downloaded all the links today 03-03-2009
                i was able to open them with acrobat reader version nine
                the problem has to be searched somewhere else
                i wish i could help with the problem but i dont now what caused your problem

Comment

• here's an other link
                  this is a french link to a couple musea
                  this link wil give almost all the plates 290 of the bardin regulations
                  there is much more just enter wat jou are searching for in recherche
                  the link is :
                  http://www.photo.rmn.fr/cf/htm/CSear...&NoR=500&New=T

Comment

• here's an other example of my previous link
                    http://www.photo.rmn.fr/cf/htm/CSear...&NoR=500&New=T

Comment

• FYI the bardin regulations where painted by vernet and the prints had to be used as an example for the tailors to make the uniforms this was to give the french armee the same look

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
                        Some 2nd Regiment Lancers of the Guard 1810-15

And here's some Chasseur of the Guard Trumpeters by Michael Head.

that's all I have in the way of Rousselot Plates, but like the Conrad Plates, I am just over half way to acquiring the set.

Paul
                        Excellent work Thanks
                        ŕ vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
                        (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

• Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                          Taz86,

I see that you, like me, are a fan of cuirassiers ( especially the French ).

French cuirassiers ( plates by Herbert Knöetel, son of Richard Knötel ): http://caveantconsules.com/Cuirassiers.html
                          Amazing watercolours by Knoetel. Just one question. How come the uniform of the Seargent of the 13th Cuirassiers is brown? I always was under the impression that "all" French Cuirassier regiments wore blue uniforms.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Iron Duke View Post
                            Amazing watercolours by Knoetel. Just one question. How come the uniform of the Seargent of the 13th Cuirassiers is brown? I always was under the impression that "all" French Cuirassier regiments wore blue uniforms.
                            That's a good question. Strange, very strange.

The 13th Cuirassiers was formed in 1808 ( or 1809? ) from the 1st Provisional Heavy Cavalry Regiment.

Regimental war record (Battles and Combats)
                            1808: Tudela and the Siege of Saragosse (December 1808 - February 1809) 1809: Saragosse
                            1810: Villareal, Siege of Lerida, and Margalef-Lerida
                            1811: Siege of Tarragone and Sagonte
                            1812: Castella
                            1813: Col d'Ordal
                            1814: Lyon
                            Battle Honours
                            Lerida 1810, Sagonte 1811, and Col d'Ordal 1813

Comment

• Originally posted by Zouave View Post
                              That's a good question. Strange, very strange.

The 13th Cuirassiers was formed in 1808 ( or 1809? ) from the 1st Provisional Heavy Cavalry Regiment.

Regimental war record (Battles and Combats)
                              1808: Tudela and the Siege of Saragosse (December 1808 - February 1809) 1809: Saragosse
                              1810: Villareal, Siege of Lerida, and Margalef-Lerida
                              1811: Siege of Tarragone and Sagonte
                              1812: Castella
                              1813: Col d'Ordal
                              1814: Lyon
                              Battle Honours
                              Lerida 1810, Sagonte 1811, and Col d'Ordal 1813
                              I rememeber reading somewhere, that for a limited amount of time some French infantry was supplied with white uniforms because the material they needed to make them blue came from an area controlled by the British. Maybe the same applies to the 13th Cuirassiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by the Iron Duke View Post
                                I rememeber reading somewhere, that for a limited amount of time some French infantry was supplied with white uniforms because the material they needed to make them blue came from an area controlled by the British. Maybe the same applies to the 13th Cuirassiers.
                                In 1806, as a result of the British naval blockade there was a shortage of indigo used for dyeing cloth and so Napoleon ordered the introduction of a white uniform for his line infantry. According to Decree of April 25th 1806 the following regiments of line infantry were assigned white coats: 3rd, 4th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 24th, 25th, 27th, 28th, 32nd, 33rd, 34th and 36th Line. (Journal Militaire Vol I 1806, pp 176-178).
                                The next decree mentioned all line regiments, but Napoleon expressed his disapproval and only 18 of the 112 regiments were issued with these. In 1807, the importing of indigo resumed and the dark blue coats were reinstated.

So we have to find another explanation.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X