This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene Leliepvre?????

I think the Neapolitan lancer, number one on the left, is a sketch by Leliepvre.
    If so, do you have the others in this series? They were sold in the 1960's and I would love to see, buy,.
    copy, borrow or steal them
    Cheers. Robbo.

Comment

• Originally posted by stubblehopper View Post
      Hi guys,

I'm working on a virtual Hougoumont for a PC mod I'm makng for the game warband, I could really do with some help getting some better photographs of the acutal surviving buildings, any help much appreciated........
      Hi stubblehopper, I'd love to be able to help, but for some reason, I am not getting those pictures that you have posted regarding Hougoumont - It probably has something to do with this Public Library computer that I am using, blocking unecessary things - sometimes I just don't see what the rest of you lot do. (That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!)

And VieuxChat, I apreciate your honesty! OK, I very much stand corrected, many, many thanks to your goodself AND Ximo for this wonderful link:

http://www.1789-1815.com/

95th Rifles
      Last edited by 95th Rifles; 31 Jan 12, 06:24.

Comment

• Prussian Uniform Plates of Friedrich Neumann

I was going through my Napoleonic Images collection recently, and found these Prussian Uniform Plates, which I think may be of interest.

They are from the famous “Lipperheide” collection, now belonging to the Kunstbibliothek (art library) in Berlin, which contains a collection of 50 water color plates. These were drawn and colored by the uniform artist Friedrich Neumann, a contemporary of the famous uniform researcher Richard Knötel. These images represent Landwehr Freikorps and Volunteers of the allied armies from the Wars of Liberation of 1813 and 1814.

Many of these units wore a variety of uniforms, so even though these images are contemporary, members should be careful about applying what is shown here, to all their units. Neumann was considered a very careful draughtsmen and painter, who reliably reproduced what was in the available sources - but he was not alive at the time the uniforms were worn. Many of his water colors are in the famous Vinkhuijzen Collection of the New York Public Library.

These images represent the portion of the collection that deals with the Prussian Freikorps and Volunteers, and are reproduced here, with the captions of the originals from the Kunstbibliothek in Berlin. I must, however, apologise for their small size - sadly, I failed to copy any larger images from the original Website, and have subsequently lost it's URL. Maybe someone out there has it and would be kind enough to provide a link?

Auslander Btn Elbe Inf Regt.jpg

Elb-National-Husaren-Regiment.jpg

Freiwilliger Jäger bei der Gardeinfanterie.jpg

Freiwilliger Jäger beim 2. Ostpreußischen Infanterie-Regiment.jpg

Freiwilliger Jäger beim Ostpreußischen Kürassier-Regiment.jpg

Garde-Volontär-Jäger-Eskadron.jpg

Comment

• Pictures Of Hougoumont

Hi Stubblehopper, I've just remembered this, which you could try:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...37#post1658537

I am a BIT slow, you understand!

I know it appears like I'm blowing my own trumpet (No!, I can't play one either!), but it may be of some help in your request.

Sincerely,

95th Rifles.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95th Rifles View Post
            I was going through my Napoleonic Images collection recently, and found these Prussian Uniform Plates, which I think may be of interest.

They are from the famous “Lipperheide” collection, now belonging to the Kunstbibliothek (art library) in Berlin, which contains a collection of 50 water color plates. These were drawn and colored by the uniform artist Friedrich Neumann, a contemporary of the famous uniform researcher Richard Knötel. These images represent Landwehr Freikorps and Volunteers of the allied armies from the Wars of Liberation of 1813 and 1814.

Many of these units wore a variety of uniforms, so even though these images are contemporary, members should be careful about applying what is shown here, to all their units. Neumann was considered a very careful draughtsmen and painter, who reliably reproduced what was in the available sources - but he was not alive at the time the uniforms were worn. Many of his water colors are in the famous Vinkhuijzen Collection of the New York Public Library.

These images represent the portion of the collection that deals with the Prussian Freikorps and Volunteers, and are reproduced here, with the captions of the originals from the Kunstbibliothek in Berlin. I must, however, apologise for their small size - sadly, I failed to copy any larger images from the original Website, and have subsequently lost it's URL. Maybe someone out there has it and would be kind enough to provide a link?
            The link to the plates on the Napoleon series website is http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...c_Neumann.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Prinz Essling View Post
              The link to the plates on the Napoleon series website is http://www.napoleon-series.org/milit...c_Neumann.html
              Thank you for this site so much!
              I have been looking for larger images. Unfortunately I don't have any more rep points to give you...
              Time is inside of us and we are inside time. It turns us and we turn It.
              Vasil Levski

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...91#post2139891

Comment

• Here is little something that I did for my first personal exhibition with a help of my friend in arms, who organized it for the 206th anniversary of battle of Austerlitz.
                It was my first try on uniforms plates. They are not good, but we all must start somewhere, right?

All uniforms are up to 1805 of course and up to reenactment regiments you can meet in the Austerlitz battle reenactment every year.

French

Coalition

Oh yes, and the Emperor of course:
                Qui a composé la chanson ?
                C'est un tambour du bataillon.
                Un soir d‘été, en battant la retraite,
                Pensant à sa mie, que toujours il regrette.

Comment

• "Just beautiful" Great art work Cath B.

Comment

• tell me something about this....
                    ( my english is bad...sorry )
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ilbroccione View Post
                      tell me something about this....

Officier de Velites de la Garde Royale en gran tenue (Royaume de Naples) vers 1812/13

Comment

• Originally posted by General Brock View Post
                        "Just beautiful" Great art work Cath B.
                        I'm glad you think so, thank you for the compliment, Brock
                        Qui a composé la chanson ?
                        C'est un tambour du bataillon.
                        Un soir d‘été, en battant la retraite,
                        Pensant à sa mie, que toujours il regrette.

Comment

• I'm glad you think so
                          Beautify work
                          "To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

• Originally posted by ilbroccione View Post
                            tell me something about this....
                            Qui ci sono alcune illustrazioni piu uniforme della guardia reale. Con H. Knotel

velites e il Trombettista

Paul
                            Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 07 Feb 12, 05:35.
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...