Swords and sabers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swords and sabers

This post and link could go in a number of places but i am putting it here in memorium of my recent appointement as Chef de escadron to his Majesties forces bound for Portugal. I actualy have two fine 19th ce. replicas and one real saber all are American. They have been around a long time sabers and swords; and the 19th century, certainly inclusive of the Napoleonic campaigns, became their historical zenith in the main. And while there are some differences in styles and tactical usage all were essentialy the same pattern on a theme. Below is an excellent article partialy in reference to that and i think you might like it.

CV

---------------------------------------------------------------

CAVALRY COMBAT AND THE SWORD
    Sword Design, Provision and Use in the British Cavalry of the Napoleonic Era

http://swordforum.com/articles/ams/cavalrycombat.php

Nice link... here's another dealing with cavalry weapons and tactics:

http://napoleonistyka.atspace.com/ca...cavalryweapons
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

This are two fine links. Thanks for sharing them with us. I love to read about weapons and when it comes to historic ones, it's even better. Btw added them to my favorites.
      All warfare is based on deception.
      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Yup Captain it's a pleasure and i cant tell ya how much i have enjoyed this sub board. My love for the Little Corporal goes way back. And i am continuely impressed by the knowledge and contributions of the guys who frequent it....

well done... from me as well... to all who help remember this giant among giants.

best
        CV

Comment

I second that.

Comment

I have decided that I will try to buy myself a sabre as a christmas gift. It will of course be a original old Swedish Officers sabre. Something that actually comes from the Napoleonic era and before, is however very expenisve so I guess I will have to do with something from the middle of the 19th century.

"The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

That looks awsome.

Comment

Pergite my friend that is a nice looking blade.......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X