Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know. Please only send real issues not things like I hate the colors of the site or the site looks cheap now. I am trying to get as many issues fixed for you as i can and If i have to read through stuff like that it's going to take me longer to get stuff fixed.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Napoleonic Flirt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Le probleme avec les cons, c'est qu'il ne se fatiguent jamais
    (The problem with Pr.cks, is that they never get tired ) Michel Audiard

Comment

Well they are nice pictures - and the womanizing French officer is certainly a stereotype of the era.

The eroticizing effect of uniforms is also well known, not just on women, but men too.

Girls in uniform are equally popular, maybe less so during the Napoleonic period..

Don't know what else to say, keep posting
      High The Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
      Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor - The Napoleonic Wars Campaign.

Captain Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
        Well they are nice pictures - and the womanizing French officer is certainly a stereotype of the era.

The eroticizing effect of uniforms is also well known, not just on women, but men too.

Girls in uniform are equally popular, maybe less so during the Napoleonic period..

Don't know what else to say, keep posting
        Thanks for the REP & your comments.
        à vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire (triumph without peril brings no glory) P. Corneille

Comment

My last pictures about the subject

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Maybe you should put on a Hussar uniform, if you dress the part perhaps inspiration will follow
                      High The Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Maybe you should put on a Hussar uniform, if you dress the part perhaps inspiration will follow
                        I thought that the stereotype cavalryman of the time was dashing and brave but dumb - like Conan Doyle's Brigadier Gerard "Gerard's most notable attribute is his vanity – he is utterly convinced that he is the bravest soldier, greatest swordsman, most accomplished horseman and most gallant lover in all France" He also does not have two functioning brain cells to rub together!
                        https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1...5l/7928819.jpg
                        Last edited by MarkV; 29 Jan 18, 08:59.
                        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Dashing and brave and dumb are all positive I think, as far as gratuitous flirting is concerned

How did Gerard do with the ladies ? I read that several years ago, can't quite remember he details his romantic affairs all that much..

Iirc he does go on at length about his uniform.

Comment

Dashing and brave and dumb are all positive I think, as far as gratuitous flirting is concerned

How did Gerard do with the ladies ? I read that several years ago, can't quite remember he details his romantic affairs all that much..

That later era cavalryman Flashman seems to have managed very well with dashing and devious despite being a coward and a cad
                            Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                            Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Too old for that, I would look like an old fart, hoo la la

Comment

Never mind how he did with the ladies Gerard was no Gentleman...
                                he cheated at cricket and killed the fox!

The long toll of the brave
                                Is not lost in darkness
                                Over the fruitful earth
                                And athwart the seas
                                Hath passed the light of noble deeds
                                Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X