X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratego
    replied

A toast to you my friend: safe sailing Mickey!

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    You will never be forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• Skoblin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Originally posted by Massena View Post
    Well done.

The ancient Greeks believed that if those who were gone were remembered, they never really die.

It is well to remember those of us who have passed.
    Yup!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    Well done.

The ancient Greeks believed that if those who were gone were remembered, they never really die.

It is well to remember those of us who have passed.

Leave a comment:

• Stratego
    replied
    It's been a year now and you are still remembered my good friend and colleague Mickey...in fact you've entered my mind not only today, but many times over the past 365 days!

Cheers mate!

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Capt AFB
    replied
    Wow! Another well-respected Armchair General (Admiral?) leaves us for a trip to the eternal side.

RIP Mickey. You will be greatly missed.

Leave a comment:

• PGT Beauregard
    replied
    Sorry to reply so late. Post Captain was a real gentleman and a true Historian. RIP old Chap

Leave a comment:

• Admiral
    replied
    Having lived & worked with him in this community, I can say that, in my absence & subsequent return as of late, his loss is a crushing thing to me upon discovery of it. He wasn't just a fellow citizen, working mate & highly respected individual in my world, he became my friend with which much fun was had beyond just history...

For me, Mickey will always be remembered - and often - as Legatus Paulus in one of this communities greatest games, IMO. (SPQR) He is BoRG & thus will he always be. Although we both did not survive it to the end, he was one that lived well beyond the point at which all but myself & another thought he had come to a most definitive end in the game. And when he did reveal, to the utter shock of many then in opposition, that he yet lived, it was quite a rousing & inspired moment I & many others shall always remember, I'm quite sure. Much like between our characters where we became steadfast brothers in opposition to not just a typical enemy, but also a perceived construct of treachery, intrigue & injustice, Mickey remains most certainly in my heart as the actual man that revealed himself to be as the epitome of genuine hope, integrity, honesty & righteous dignity, to name but a few of his greater attributes.

In this, I speak of my own fondness of him aside of his far more engaged self known by so many others as the naval & Napoleonic sort that was most apparent. I am lucky to know him as he was... and as he yet is in me own heart. If any man might ever know the sentiment of "Fair Winds & Following Seas Home' it was Mickey. However belated this is, I know that he left this existence for the next knowing he had changed many of our lives simply by being in them.

His place in me memories shall always be of Fair Winds & Following Seas... and I shant say goodbye, but, rather, until we meet again, old friend!

Wes

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Wow, RIP. Too young. Cancer?

Leave a comment:

• Salinator
    replied
    You have always done yours.

Leave a comment:

• Field Master
    replied
    Very sorry to read this....he was a known name, even to the occasional visitor like myself....

Leave a comment:

• DARKPLACE
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear that. He was a gentlemen.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X