Titles of the marshals of France - Congress of Vienna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titles of the marshals of France - Congress of Vienna

As you well know, hundreds of princes, dukes, and representatives were present at the congress of Vienna to redraw the map of Europe after the fall of Napoleon.

I'm doing research on the titles of Napoleon's marshals. Did some of them lose their titles and if so, did they get another peice of land in return or were they paid off? Who represented the marshals at Vienna?

According to Adam Zamoyski's book 'Rites of Peace, The fall of Napoleon & the Congress of Vienna' there was a representative of Napoleon's marshals in Vienna but he does not mention WHO?
    Anybody know?

Kind regards,

Stratego
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

YES! I finally made a post in the Napoleonic forum which nobody can answer

Come on, I'm sure somebody must have an answer to this...who has some detailed books on the Congress of Vienna?

Kind regards,
    Stratego
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Was Bernadotte,Marshal of France, as Charles XIV,King of Sweden and Norway present at any stage ?
      Last edited by BELGRAVE; 16 Mar 16, 20:16.
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post
        Was Bernadotte,Marshal of France, as Charles XIV,King of Sweden and Norway present at any stage ?
        He was not present in Vienna as far as I've read - he was represented by Count Carl Lowenhielm, representative of Sweden and of course Czar Alexander who supported him.

Greets,
        Stratego

BORG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X