Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westphalia light infantry in spain

Hello

I'm looking for any good infos about the Westphalia light inf officer uniform in the Peninsula campaign .
    I got also a question. In some illustration the officers wears a gorget, quite usual among the german rgt .. Any clue if they were use to bring the gorget even in spain ?

Thank you ..

Nello
    Italy

info

here are some pics by the artist Bueno most of his uniform plates are copys from uniform plates of contemporary artist (el guil)
    as you can see the officers are all wearing gorgets
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you repd..
      Even if in this plates are depicted line infantry and artillery, i presume that even the lights regiments were use to wear gorget..

Comment

From what I have read, their is no mention of gorgets in the explanation of the uniform; this doesn't mean they weren't worn. In other Pictures (and model figurines) I have seen, officers of infantry and Artillery, they are wearing gorgets.

Here are a few pictures that I have

Paul
        Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 15 Nov 12, 06:29.
        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
        All human ills he can subdue,
        Or with a bauble or medal
        Can win mans heart for you;
        And many a blessing know to stew
        To make a megloamaniac bright;
        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Thanks Dibble
          In what you say there's the reason of my doubts about gorgets. We know in the peninsula many uniforms rules were broken due to the harsh ongoing of the campaign and to the almost total lack of supplies and new uniforms.. So it's not unusual to see "flamboyant " uniforms.
          I'm working on 54 mm figure , wich i will sculpt soon to cast in resin copies , and i want to be sure before release it on the market .. At 90 % .. I 'll go for the gorget on half-regular uniform..

thanks again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
            Berlin.1945
            by casanova
            The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
            Yesterday, 23:41
          • casanova
            AW 169M
            by casanova
            The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
            Yesterday, 23:26
          • JBark
            What changed?
            by JBark
            There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
            Yesterday, 18:54
          Working...
          X