Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things UNIFORMS (including modelling questions related to uniforms)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Originally posted by gboue View Post
    Artistic license, certainly but the dragoon like soldier could also be a "guide de l'état major" according Boisselier they could have worn red epaulettes.

Behind Napoleon the ADC seems to be dressed as a "gendarme d'ordonnance" which didn't exist during the Austerlitz campaign.

For the white haired general, Maréchal Bessières could be the best guess.

Hope it helps

Gboue
    Perhaps 'in this rather fanciful painting, the white haired chap is Kellermann and the Dragoon meant to be of the 4th regiment but he has depicted a 1st regiment type with elite epauletts to boot. The saddles are depicted with yellow braid (should be white) and what's with the yellow plume? If it is meant to be the 1st, then the plume should be red or green with red tip. If the 4th, the plume should be white. Anyway, Woodville's paintings should be taken with a pinch of salt as he didn't have the extensive knowledge and access to period uniforms that his his European counterparts did.

Paul
    Last edited by Dibble201Bty; 12 Feb 16, 13:56.

Leave a comment:

• gboue
    replied
    Artistic license, certainly but the dragoon like soldier could also be a "guide de l'état major" according Boisselier they could have worn red epaulettes.

Behind Napoleon the ADC seems to be dressed as a "gendarme d'ordonnance" which didn't exist during the Austerlitz campaign.

For the white haired general, Maréchal Bessières could be the best guess.

Hope it helps

Gboue

Leave a comment:

• ONIRIA
    replied
    PICTURE: Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur"

..as you will see below the painting is his "Croix d'Honneur"
    AS far as I’ve been able to sort out, the scente can take place after the battle of Austerlitz:. I came to this conclusion because of weather conditions in the terrain, the captured Austrian flag, the dome of church in the background looks like it’s the Augezd church.
    If we agree that the Battle is Austerlitz there are several things that don’t match (could be simply artistic license), and would like to your opinion:

The unit of the soldier being decorated is unknown to me. It looks like an Empress dragoon uniform, but in 1805 this unit did not exist. I guess it’s a AL from the painter but, what unit could it be?
    The General in blue looks like it could be Mural, but I haven’t been able to find any picture or painting with Mural wearing a similar uniform. Another AL? If we agree that he’s Murat, is there any reacord of how he was dressed during the battle of Austerlitz?

The General with the cape and long white hair is also a mistery to me. Do you think he could be a real character, or simply made up?

The mameluke hodling Napoleon’s horse doesn’t look like his personal bodyguard Roustan Raza, and the uniform seems a bit “unique”. What’s your opinion on this fellow?

Well that’s about all..
    I would really thank you for all the input and opinions you could give me

Best regards
    Angel

Leave a comment:

• ONIRIA
    replied
    , Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" part IV

The thing is I would be grateful if you could give me your expert opinion on a Napoleonic painting by Canton Woodville …. (to be continued)

Leave a comment:

• ONIRIA
    replied
    , Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" part III

..before I can get to the point ….(to be continued)

Leave a comment:

• ONIRIA
    replied
    Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" apart II

…I ‘ll just have to write my request in several ones …. (to be continued)

Leave a comment:

• ONIRIA
    replied
    Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" part I

Hi all,

I’ve been using this forum as a research tool for some years now, and now I find myself in the need to post a picture.

It looks like you can only post pics after 5 posts so…(to be continued...)

Leave a comment:

• repd
    replied
    Originally posted by debrito View Post
    Good morning to all

I will be interested to have some references for the uniform (very detailed) of the 7em Régiment des Hussards, if someone has anything, please let me know.

Best regards
    Rod.
    Go to google pictures and type 7em Régiment des Hussards then you will get all pictures that are on the internet ready to download

Leave a comment:

• debrito
    replied
    Good morning to all

I will be interested to have some references for the uniform (very detailed) of the 7em Régiment des Hussards, if someone has anything, please let me know.

Best regards
    Rod.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Whilst I'm at it!

Here are some pictures of an original 60th Rifles officers tunic (c.1808)

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Originally posted by MJHausmann View Post
    How can I get help identifying a uniform, I have a picture of?
    As a new member you will need to accrue a number of posts before you can post an image. I think the number is between 5 and 10. After that you can post as many as you like, whenever you like but the maximum images per post is 12 (including emoticons)

You could post individual details of the uniform by describing each part in words over a number of posts until you are able to post the image.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• repd
    replied
    answer

Originally posted by MJHausmann View Post
    place the photo in your post so all users can try to identified what uniform it is

Leave a comment:

• MJHausmann
    replied

Leave a comment:

• repd
    replied
    forthoffer

some picture are a bit blurry (if someone has a better quality please post them)or any other pictures by this painter
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• repd
    replied
    forthoffer

some uniform picture
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X