Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things UNIFORMS (including modelling questions related to uniforms)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repd
    replied
    some plates

some nice uniformplates
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alex33
    replied
    Leib-husaren and garde-kürassiere 1860-71

Hello!

Thinking that getting information about the second french empire is hard i'm now looking Into some stuff about prussia during the timeframe 1860-71 which is even harder as i can hardly find any good sources on the internet about those things. I'm specifically interessted in the 2 leibhusaren regiments and the garde-kürassier regiment.
    I've seen pictures and photographs about the leib-husars and so on but from my research into the napoleonic era there are different kinds of uniforms and they get less and less flamboyant when in battle-dress.

This is the classical deathshead husar of the victorian age. But this kinda looks more like a parade dress. In my books about the napoleonic age it is often mentioned that soliders put their kolpaks into oilskins to protect them while on campaign was this still the case? Did they look like this while in battle and if not does anyone know how their regulations for the service dress look like?

The other thing are the garde-kürassiere:
    In all written things i found about them it is said that their helmets and cuirasses were tombak colored like with the garde-du-corps. Did they wear those tombak colored cuirasses and helmets during battle or did they exchange those during battle?

I hope someone can help me with this as i have no idea about the uniforms of the victorian age!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• ewpeyia
    replied
    5th Hussar

Originally posted by debrito View Post
    Good morning and merry Xmas to all.

I finished a figure last night and would love to hear from the experts, because I made some changes-conversion. The figure is from Metal modeles and measure 54mm, depicting a Hussar of the 5th regiment
    I think that is absolutely brilliant.
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• debrito
    replied
    Good morning and merry Xmas to all.

I finished a figure last night and would love to hear from the experts, because I made some changes-conversion. The figure is from Metal modeles and measure 54mm, depicting a Hussar of the 5th regiment
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• repd
    replied
    info

Originally posted by LieutenantIvan View Post
    Allo,
    Wes thu hal,
    May someone provide a source of Russian command uniforms, that range from regiment commanders to division commanders.

French ones would also be appreciated.

Also, was it common for cavalry brigade commanders to way the same uniform of a regiment, similar to how general cardigan of the light brigade at the battle of balaclava wore a hussar uniform. Was this same for the Napoleonic wars?

Thanks in advance,
    Maeg dryhten beof mid geo eal!
    some of the French uniforms are in the tread for the Rigo plates

Leave a comment:

• LieutenantIvan
    replied
    Russian Commander uniforms

Allo,
    Wes thu hal,
    May someone provide a source of Russian command uniforms, that range from regiment commanders to division commanders.

French ones would also be appreciated.

Also, was it common for cavalry brigade commanders to way the same uniform of a regiment, similar to how general cardigan of the light brigade at the battle of balaclava wore a hussar uniform. Was this same for the Napoleonic wars?

Thanks in advance,
    Maeg dryhten beof mid geo eal!

Leave a comment:

• repd
    replied
    Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
    The white collar, white bearskin with yellow? cords/flounders? has me stumped. Unless the source can be found, I would mark it as spurious.

Paul
    almost all the information was bombed away when the Netherlands were attacked in the second world war
    the place were the information was stored was also a army depot this made it a target for German bombers

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    The white collar, white bearskin with yellow? cords/flounders? has me stumped. Unless the source can be found, I would mark it as spurious.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• ger
    replied
    Vague similarities to the uniform of the Kingdom of Holland Guard Cuirassiers but can't find any reference to the white bearskin in either this regiment or the Imperial Guard Dragoons.

Leave a comment:

• repd
    replied
    puzzle

this uniform plate is from a dutch painter
    this painter is in all other paintings very accurate
    his name is - Michel Hermanus van Tilburg -
    this one however is a puzzle for me
    is there someone who can give some extra information?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    For Info:

Paul

Leave a comment:

• borodino1812
    replied
    Well done Vladimir,
    A logic suite to Vikstovatov.....

Leave a comment:

• vladimir Pantin
    replied
    Mariupol regiment

Olviopolsky regiment

Pavlograd regiment

Sumy regiment

Leave a comment:

• vladimir Pantin
    replied
    Russian Hussars at the time of Emperor Paul.

Alexandria regiment

Akhtyrsky regiment

Elisavetgrad regiment

Izyumsky regiment
    Last edited by vladimir Pantin; 14 Mar 16, 19:12.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    By Waterloo, French line infantry units 'where the uniform was issued' were pretty much the same, though the types of trousers would vary. As shown on the Cent Joures site posted above.

Be aware though that that site should be used with caution.

I only have the text to the above plates in French I'm afraid.

Paul

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X