Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things UNIFORMS (including modelling questions related to uniforms)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same uniform as any infantry bataillon at the same period I guess.
    Napoleon created the mountain corps (with specific uniforms) in 1809.

http://volontaires.99k.org/armeedesalpes/index.html
    "To hell wars Grudges and parties ! As our fathers Sing in real friends, The clink of glasses Roses and lilies. The clink of glasses Roses and lilies."

Comment

• @ simone.40

Try to find these books:

The Army of the French Revolution, from Citizen-Soldiers to Instrument of Power, transl. by R. R. Palmer (Princeton University Press, 1988);

Paddy Griffith, The Art of War of Revolutionary France, 1789-1802 (London: Greenhill Books, 1998);

Rafe Blaufarb, The French Army 1750-1820: careers, talent, merit (Manchester University Press, 2002),

Comment

• forthoffer

some uniform picture
        Attached Files

Comment

• forthoffer

some picture are a bit blurry (if someone has a better quality please post them)or any other pictures by this painter
          Attached Files

Comment

• How can I get help identifying a uniform, I have a picture of?

Comment

• answer

Originally posted by MJHausmann View Post
              How can I get help identifying a uniform, I have a picture of?
              place the photo in your post so all users can try to identified what uniform it is

Comment

• Originally posted by MJHausmann View Post
                How can I get help identifying a uniform, I have a picture of?
                As a new member you will need to accrue a number of posts before you can post an image. I think the number is between 5 and 10. After that you can post as many as you like, whenever you like but the maximum images per post is 12 (including emoticons)

You could post individual details of the uniform by describing each part in words over a number of posts until you are able to post the image.

Paul
                ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                All human ills he can subdue,
                Or with a bauble or medal
                Can win mans heart for you;
                And many a blessing know to stew
                To make a megloamaniac bright;
                Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Whilst I'm at it!

Here are some pictures of an original 60th Rifles officers tunic (c.1808)

Paul
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Good morning to all

I will be interested to have some references for the uniform (very detailed) of the 7em Régiment des Hussards, if someone has anything, please let me know.

Best regards
                    Rod.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrito View Post
                      Good morning to all

I will be interested to have some references for the uniform (very detailed) of the 7em Régiment des Hussards, if someone has anything, please let me know.

Best regards
                      Rod.
                      Go to google pictures and type 7em Régiment des Hussards then you will get all pictures that are on the internet ready to download

Comment

• Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" part I

Hi all,

I’ve been using this forum as a research tool for some years now, and now I find myself in the need to post a picture.

It looks like you can only post pics after 5 posts so…(to be continued...)

Comment

• Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" apart II

…I ‘ll just have to write my request in several ones …. (to be continued)

Comment

• , Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" part III

..before I can get to the point ….(to be continued)

Comment

• , Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur" part IV

The thing is I would be grateful if you could give me your expert opinion on a Napoleonic painting by Canton Woodville …. (to be continued)

Comment

• PICTURE: Richard Caton Woodville's "Croix d'Honneur"

..as you will see below the painting is his "Croix d'Honneur"
                                AS far as I’ve been able to sort out, the scente can take place after the battle of Austerlitz:. I came to this conclusion because of weather conditions in the terrain, the captured Austrian flag, the dome of church in the background looks like it’s the Augezd church.
                                If we agree that the Battle is Austerlitz there are several things that don’t match (could be simply artistic license), and would like to your opinion:

The unit of the soldier being decorated is unknown to me. It looks like an Empress dragoon uniform, but in 1805 this unit did not exist. I guess it’s a AL from the painter but, what unit could it be?
                                The General in blue looks like it could be Mural, but I haven’t been able to find any picture or painting with Mural wearing a similar uniform. Another AL? If we agree that he’s Murat, is there any reacord of how he was dressed during the battle of Austerlitz?

The General with the cape and long white hair is also a mistery to me. Do you think he could be a real character, or simply made up?

The mameluke hodling Napoleon’s horse doesn’t look like his personal bodyguard Roustan Raza, and the uniform seems a bit “unique”. What’s your opinion on this fellow?

Well that’s about all..
                                I would really thank you for all the input and opinions you could give me

Best regards
                                Angel

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X