Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All things UNIFORMS (including modelling questions related to uniforms)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes it would.

http://tmg110.tripod.com/frarmy5.htm

Paul
    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
    All human ills he can subdue,
    Or with a bauble or medal
    Can win mans heart for you;
    And many a blessing know to stew
    To make a megloamaniac bright;
    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post
      many thanks
      who want paper figures of carabiners
      can find me in
      http://www.pinterest.com/franciscojmrodr/napoleon-era/

Comment

• british general officers of hussars uniform

hi. everyone i am new to the forum .
        i need some help with british general officer of hussars uniforms acording to the regulations of 1812.
        any pictures or drawings will be of great help and if anyone have the plates307 vol.1 and 58 vol.2 from the book" military drawings and paintings in the royal collection" will be much appreciated.

thank's in advans:rado

Comment

• hi.
          thank's guys for your replys and yes this is indead the portrait i was tolking about ,shuld be the uniform of general officers of hussars acording the 1812 regulations,but somewath difer ithe positioning of the golden braid on his chest.considering hi was an ADC at dhe time the portrait was painted i thold it culd be a special as the normal ADC's uniforms,but i culd be wrong.Paul as far as i know the uniforms of lord Uxbridge ar thise of colonel of 7th hussars 1st one posibly his fild marshal's,2nd one the one hi wore at Waterloo.
          it wuld be great if yuo can tell mi more about the details and the braid on the dolman and pellise.
          p.s.my apologise about the wery late reply,did not have time to chek in.

thank you all
          regards:rado

Comment

• now is better
            Regimental flag 25mm Ready

http://uploads.ru/DwWZ8.png

Comment

• http://uploads.ru/aE7Ym.png

http://uploads.ru/8gyuL.png

enjoy and comment
              Last edited by Luzitanos; 23 Aug 14, 09:50.

Comment

• http://uploads.ru/gijeP.png

http://uploads.ru/cdpEN.png
                Enjoy and comment
                Last edited by Luzitanos; 23 Aug 14, 21:37.

Comment

• ]hi. everyone i am new to the forum .
                  i need some help with british general officer of hussars uniforms acording to the regulations of 1812.
                  any pictures or drawings will be of great help and if anyone have the plates307 vol.1 and 58 vol.2 from the book" military drawings and paintings in the royal collection" will be much appreciated.

thank's in advans:rado[/QUOTE]

Sorry that I don't have vol.2!
                  I'll find some other stuff. Do you have that rather nice pic of Cotton, by Richard Hook in the Osprey Wellington's Generals?
                  Cheers,
                  Phil
                  Oh shoot! I bet that you don't have that obscure volume, British Military Uniforms and Equipment 1788-1850, do you? It is hard to come by, but it has some of the best static uniform pix that I have ever seen and the first one is of Anglesy, mounted in full dress. I'll get this out to you tomorrow and see what else I can find.
                  Last edited by PhilinYuma; 24 Aug 14, 14:04.
                  They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
                  Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
                  At the going down of the sun and in the morning
                  We will remember them.

Rest easy.

Comment

• This is the one. Cool, huh? Anglesy in 1812 uniform but post Waterloo orders. At Waterloo, he war the ringed shako, the top row should have much larger rings than the two lower ones; one of the few things that Hook was a bit shaky on.

This is a not-so-good silhouette of 1811 or later, I would say . Note the nasty, "princely" crown, since he was only regent. His regt, 10th Hussars.
                    More later
                    Cheers,
                    Phil
                    They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
                    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
                    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
                    We will remember them.

Rest easy.

Comment

• Sorry I didn't post some information earlier.

Uxbridge's sabretache.

Paul

Comment

• In the past I have remarked on British colours depicted being carried by scale figures and wargames miniatures as being wrong and letting down an otherwise excellent rendition of the modellers art. The problem was that the wreath or motif that was carried on the centre of the colour is depicted too big. Well I should have remarked on the rest of the kings colour which is also almost depicted out of proportion but too awkward to explain.

But now, at last! I have found an excellent site that explains it all!

http://dupagemilitaryflag.com/743917.html

Paul

Comment

• hi guys Phil,Paul thank`s for your help ,some of thise pictures i have never seen or come by Paul the colored version of Uxbidge`s sabretache it is brilliant, far as i know it is the regulations sabretache for general officers of hussars and Phil the "wellington`s generals" i have but never herd about the oder one i will be very glad to see the res of the plates from it
                          big thank`s again guys very,very greatfull.

regards;Rado

Comment

• Originally posted by Luzitanos View Post
                            now is better
                            Regimental flag 25mm Ready

http://uploads.ru/DwWZ8.png
                            all the 1804 flags doesn't have any fringe. Fringe appeared only with 1812 model with vertical strips.

the attached Rigo plate shows the correct flag, the model was the same for cavalry and infantry except dimension.

other point: where did you find the regimental battle? For my knowledge they were introduced in the 1812 model, not in the 1804
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ivopreda View Post
                              all the 1804 flags doesn't have any fringe. Fringe appeared only with 1812 model with vertical strips.

the attached Rigo plate shows the correct flag, the model was the same for cavalry and infantry except dimension.

other point: where did you find the regimental battle? For my knowledge they were introduced in the 1812 model, not in the 1804
                              Thanks

I dont find any reference of carabiniers flags regimental our squadron
                              neither i find any reference of when frings are intruduced
                              I have assumed that at same point in final of this model it was intruduced
                              before the new model arrive

if dont exist and you are rigth then I dont need draw one without frings
                              still it looks great in the regiment and will be an artist interpretation

In abssence of information, since many people ask me for one i create it
                              in the way it be possible if exist the same apply to squadron flags

Thanks for the heads up

Comment

• Originally posted by Luzitanos View Post
                                Thanks

I dont find any reference of carabiniers flags regimental our squadron
                                neither i find any reference of when frings are intruduced
                                I have assumed that at same point in final of this model it was intruduced
                                before the new model arrive

if dont exist and you are rigth then I dont need draw one without frings
                                still it looks great in the regiment and will be an artist interpretation

In abssence of information, since many people ask me for one i create it
                                in the way it be possible if exist the same apply to squadron flags

Thanks for the heads up
                                hello

I cannot agree with you, the 1804 flag was distributed 1 for each squadron until 1808 when Napoleon decided to leave a single flag for regiment.
                                all the 1804 model had the same design and attributes.
                                square with colored corner, NO fringes, No tie on the pole.

on the front side l'empereur Napoleon au rgt....
                                on the other side valeur et discipline etc.
                                NO battle honours in 1804 model

for the carabinier the flag was the same distributed before the cuirass, they changed the fag in 1812 getting the vertical strip flag with battle honour on the reverse

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X