Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Napoleonic Boardgames

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleonic Boardgames

NAPOLEONIC BOARDGAMES

I've been searching the web for some good Napoleonic Wargames - not PC games, but some good old fashioned boardgames.

Which ones have you played in the past and which ones would you recommend and which ones NOT?

I've heard alot of good things about this one:

Commands & Colors Napoleonics

and this one:

Napoleon's Triumph

Are they as good as mentioned on the web?

Let's make this thread a 'sticky' as we don't have a sticky on Boardgames yet

Greets,
    Stratego
    Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BORG

I played a few boardgames some time ago and among my favourites are;

Napoleon's First Battles which cover "Montenotte", "Arcola", "The Pyramids" and "Marengo"

La Grande Armee

and my all time favourite Wooden Ships and Iron Men, but now i have got lazy with age and just fire up my PC

Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by Post Captain View Post
      Napoleon's First Battles which cover "Montenotte", "Arcola", "The Pyramids" and "Marengo"

I had this one on my wishlist a few years ago, but discarded it as I read that it was too difficult to get into...

Greets,
      Stratego
      Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.- Napoleon

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.- Herman Melville

BORG

Comment

Empires in Arms

This is a good old game, still around, but I think you have to go to Ebay to get it now, 7 players eye to eye sort of game.
        Of course this has been converted to a PC Game now, but the essence is still there, we play it here, have a look at my Home Page

Comment

Wellington's Victory

Wellington's Victory - SPI's mid 1970s Grand tactical simulation of the Battle of Waterloo. The map was based on the one in Fortescue's History of the British Army. Had many, many hours of enjoyable 'fighting' in multiplayer teams over numbers of weekends Ended up tweaking the rules & making some adjustments so that we could play truly multi-corps actions with 5mm figures (oh those were the days......)

Believe this was reissued by TSR in mid 1980s? Probably only now available via e-bay or similar
          Attached Files

Comment

Napoleonic Boardgames

Napoleon's Last Battles has to be one of the best and simplest. The emphisis is on Command and control. As complexity increases, Napoleon's 100 days Campaign system is excellent as is 1809. But the best of the best is Empires in Arms.

Comment

Originally posted by El.Cid View Post
              Napoleon's Last Battles has to be one of the best and simplest. The emphisis is on Command and control. As complexity increases, Napoleon's 100 days Campaign system is excellent as is 1809. But the best of the best is Empires in Arms.

Looks familiar!
              I believe it is grand strategy, is it not?

Greets,
              Stratego

BORG

Comment

I thought this would be one of the first strategy games
                mentioned...

Domination of the world Ha ha ha ha... its all mine.

Comment

Here is another I have not played this game in years...
                  loved it thou...

Comment

You must be happy Jason they named a game "STRATEGO"
                    after your user name...

Comment

Originally posted by General Brock View Post
                      I thought this would be one of the first strategy games
                      mentioned...

Domination of the world Ha ha ha ha... its all mine.
                      I don't like RISK...it's much too basic. I like to have at least a little more depth in strategy then this game...
                      However playing this game prompted me to create my very own V&D game.

Greets,
                      Stratego

BORG

Comment

Originally posted by General Brock View Post
                        You must be happy Jason they named a game "STRATEGO"
                        after your user name...

BORG

Comment

Anybody ever play 'Napoleon in Europe'?

It's a very nice game. A beautiful large gameboard, fine pieces but unfortunately the game itself is a little poor IMO. It tried too hard to put you in all aspects of the Napoleonic Era, making the game 'unlogical'.

Presentation: 9/10
                          Game: 6/10

Greets,
                          Stratego

BORG

Comment

Napoleon at Bay 1814. Or the whole series or the whole series from Kevin Zucker.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4...aign-in-france
                            "Put guards on all the roads, and don't let the men run to the rear."
                            Major General John Buford's final words on his deathbed.

Comment

Napoleonic games

WHAT!!!! When was Risk ever a napoleonic game! For that matter why is Stratego even listed either? Risk is just a die rolling contest, it is not a Napoleonic subject, it is barely a decent game. You might as well mention checkers too. Talk about NAPOLEONIC Games, not just any game.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X