German Army back of the lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Army back of the lines

There are many photos of German soldiers away from the front lines.
    For now the poster at http://militaryhistoryofthe20thcentury.blogspot.com/ has put up 45 photos and there is supposed to be many more to be posted. They are not combat photos; they are personal photos that ended up in Russian hands.
    Here are a few of the photos.

Excellent site! Thanks for sharing!.
    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
      Excellent site! Thanks for sharing!.
      Thank you General, Sir. I will be posting here any updates to this unique collection of photos. I like http://militaryhistoryofthe20thcentury.blogspot.com/ because of wide range of military topics he writes about; mostly true personal war stories from veterans or their relatives. And it is from these personal contacts that he gets these photos.

Comment

I had a quick look at the blogsite. My impression is that it is a a mix, some look like previously unpublished from private collections. One I definitely recognized as having seen before. fyi the one with the pipe "smoking" crew member inside the StuG.
        This was sort of a "joke" in the german forces, being photographed with a cold pipe/cigarette in or near tank or aircraft.
        As it was strickly forbidden to do so.
        IIRC I first saw that one in the German Modell Magazin Photo Archiv, that published these photos from private collections, not all WW II, back in the late 70s. So at a guess the photos might just come for private German
        collections of German soldiers. Would make more sense.
        Anyway a good find.
        The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X