Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Veterans waiting over a year for surgeries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans waiting over a year for surgeries

Totally unacceptable. There is no excuse this veteran those others indicated should have been transferred to another facility for the requisite surgery at their earliest convenience. If not the VA should have provided the services thru contract facilities/physicians already on line. This would have included temporary lodging and daily per diems as necessary.

This is what occurs when monies are prioritized in their current fashions and no i dont have a good answer but i do know one gawdamn thing every VA employee in the system should give up a performance monetary bonus, on a voluntary basis, if that's what it takes

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stori....afb99a1d.html
    Last edited by Centrix Vigilis; 07 Apr 09, 15:16.

That's pretty bad! I thought they addressed this when the big story about Walter Reed broke.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
      That's pretty bad! I thought they addressed this when the big story about Walter Reed broke.
      I know there are plenty of "consultants" making major $$ working on multi-year projects on the VA health system.

how effective have they been so far? Its hard to tell. major change takes at least 2-3 years. minimum.

But generally I hate the way vets get bounced around in the system. horrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
        No - they spun it to look as though it was being addressed. Big difference.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          No - they spun it to look as though it was being addressed. Big difference.
          Sad to hear.

Comment

Its the same here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7916221.stm

although this bit confused me

The 29-year-old told BBC Radio 4's Today programme he has to live with constant pain, nightmares, mood swings and unexplained rages, five years after receiving a serious head wound.

Yet he had to wait three hours in hospital to see an NHS doctor about his trauma.
            Three hours? Thats bloody quick. I had to get an emergency appointment with my GP after my last "escapade". It was the same day but more than three hours. To give my GP his due though he sent me straight to hospital after phoning ahead to let them know I was coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
              Totally unacceptable. There is no excuse this veteran those others indicated should have been transferred to another facility for the requisite surgery at their earliest convenience. If not the VA should have provided the services thru contract facilities/physicians already on line. This would have included temporary lodging and daily per diems as necessary.

This is what occurs when monies are prioritized in their current fashions and no i dont have a good answer but i do know one gawdamn thing every VA employee in the system should give up a performance monetary bonus, on a voluntary basis, if that's what it takes

http://www.kvue.com/news/state/stori....afb99a1d.html
              I agree, CV.

Comment

Originally posted by Fodder76 View Post
                Its the same here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7916221.stm

although this bit confused me

Three hours? Thats bloody quick. I had to get an emergency appointment with my GP after my last "escapade". It was the same day but more than three hours. To give my GP his due though he sent me straight to hospital after phoning ahead to let them know I was coming in.
                Welcome to the instant gratification generation. Three hours is hardly denial of care, unless no one else was waiting...and I doubt that very much...unless his condition was truly emergent. But try any major trauma/ER in America and you'll wait that long or longer unless you're dying.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X