Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Schwamberg
    replied
    Three years later this group is still together. Some of the older ones are gone & a few new ones joined. Those who do meet are fairly involved in activities that benefit veterans.

Leave a comment:

• Carl Schwamberg
    replied
    SOS? No. I'm thinking this particular group would not even mention that item. Plus my take is the guys under age fifty were not exposed to it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Pruitt
    replied
    Did they serve SOS?

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• lcm1
    replied
    Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
    Attended a social event of the local Marine Corps League. We had a Saturday breakfast meeting to accommodate those who work the night or evening shifts & cant attend those meetings. Also was a less business like atmosphere.

It was a mix of old Viet Nam era Marines and younger ME wars vets. They had something in common to talk about. The younger vets were nearly as deaf as the old men. Like myself they had accumulated a lot of hearing loss. They could with the old farts talk about the nuances (loudly) of dealing with the VA medical system, and their hearing aids.
    I know, I know, old 'Bootneck' about to be fitted with deaf aids for both ears!! lcm1

Leave a comment:

• Carl Schwamberg
    started a topic Veterans at Breakfast. Huh? What?

Veterans at Breakfast. Huh? What?

Attended a social event of the local Marine Corps League. We had a Saturday breakfast meeting to accommodate those who work the night or evening shifts & cant attend those meetings. Also was a less business like atmosphere.

It was a mix of old Viet Nam era Marines and younger ME wars vets. They had something in common to talk about. The younger vets were nearly as deaf as the old men. Like myself they had accumulated a lot of hearing loss. They could with the old farts talk about the nuances (loudly) of dealing with the VA medical system, and their hearing aids.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X