Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treatment for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in Military and Veteran Populations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment for Post-traumatic Stress Disorder in Military and Veteran Populations

Another free download for our resident population of veteran medics.
    Hope it is useful.

http://www.nap.edu/download.php?record_id=18724

[may require free registration]
    Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Too late!
    Hyperwar: World War II on the World Wide Web
    Hyperwar, Whats New
    World War II Resources
    The best place in the world to "work".

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
      Another free download for our resident population of veteran medics.
      Hope it is useful.

http://www.nap.edu/download.php?record_id=18724

[may require free registration]
      HeHeHe! It didn't exist in WW2, you were either 'Bomb Happy' or you weren't!!! lcm1
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
        HeHeHe! It didn't exist in WW2, you were either 'Bomb Happy' or you weren't!!! lcm1
        The CG's After Action Report for Bougainville characterized "shell shock" casualties as lacking moral fiber and suggesting that the Corps didn't need them.
        Hyperwar, Whats New
        World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
          The CG's After Action Report for Bougainville characterized "shell shock" casualties as lacking moral fiber and suggesting that the Corps didn't need them.
          Yes did you know that the RAF had a very brutal method of dealing with members of bombing crews that went to pieces after a number of raids over enemy territory? They stamped their records LMF stripped them of their rank and gave them a very obvious and low job around where everyone could see them. Makes you ashamed of being British doesn't it!! It reminds me of a teacher that used to physically punish me weekly because I had difficulty understanding Algebra. We can be just as big bastards as any other nationality when it comes to it, look under some of the rocks!!! lcm1
          'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Yes did you know that the RAF had a very brutal method of dealing with members of bombing crews that went to pieces after a number of raids over enemy territory? They stamped their records LMF stripped them of their rank and gave them a very obvious and low job around where everyone could see them. Makes you ashamed of being British doesn't it!! It reminds me of a teacher that used to physically punish me weekly because I had difficulty understanding Algebra. We can be just as big bastards as any other nationality when it comes to it, look under some of the rocks!!! lcm1
            "How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat!"

Hyperwar, Whats New
            World War II Resources

Comment

Originally posted by OpanaPointer View Post
              "How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat!"

Have you ever come across a more useless, and tasteless piece of meat than Algebra? I spent most of my working life in engineering and never once needed Algebra to solve a problem and yes I used Micrometres and Verniers . Never the less we are escaping from the point. I only used this topic, in comparison originally. lcm1
              Last edited by lcm1; 23 Jul 14, 03:49.
              'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Have you ever come across a more useless, and tasteless piece of meat than Algebra? I spent most of my working life in engineering and never once needed Algebra to solve a problem and yes I used Micrometres and Verniers . Never the less we are escaping from the point. I only used this topic, in comparison originally. lcm1
                From "Red Planet":

Gallagher: This is it. That moment they told us in high school where one day, algebra would save our lives.

Dr. Quinn Burchenal: [Laughs] Shut up.
                Hyperwar, Whats New
                World War II Resources

Comment

Had a conversation with an ex squaddie once who outlined his regiments support for members who were suffering with ptsd after yugoslavia and gullf one.

They put all the guys having nightmares in the same barracks so they didn't wake anyone else up.

That was it. Nothing else. He didn't get proper help and counselling till he got out.
                  "Sometimes its better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness" T Pratchett

Comment

Yes. Calculus.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                      Yes. Calculus.
                      You lie! Statistics.

Wait, that's not right.

Got it...

You lie with statistics!
                      Hyperwar, Whats New
                      World War II Resources