No announcement yet.

No good deed goes unpunished

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At Kent State the "students" (not all were students) were photographed inserting flowers into the Guard M-1's. I saw some pictures of M-1's with Bayonets and Flowers.

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
      There is also a difference between the way the British do things and the way Americans do them. The British had a Police Force that was outgunned by the Irish Rebels. The British reacted to this by traditional means by sending in the Army. There were Paramilitary assets in Northern Ireland as well (Ulster Constabulatory). When the British Army sent Regular units in the Irish reacted poorly to the Black and Indian soldiers. I don't think there will be a permanent peace on the island.
      Indian soldiers ?

I think it was a policy not to send Gurkha units to Ireland.
      "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
      Samuel Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by BELGRAVE View Post

Indian soldiers ?

I think it was a policy not to send Gurkha units to Ireland.
        Gurkhas are not Indians. They come from Nepal. Also, I believe Pruitt was referring to British soldiers of Indian descent in county regiments.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnold J Rimmer View Post

Nope. It is the clear result of counter-terror actions and poor judgement on the part of the deceased.

It was unfortunate, but the death is the responsibly of the terrorists. When cowards set off bombs in cafes, there will be a reaction, and that reaction will be violent.

There is no different between the war the British fought, and the war the USA has been fighting since 9/11. The only difference between ISIS/AlQ/the Taliban and the IRA & its various allies is scale.
          We have not been oppressing anyone in Muslim world like British were doing to Irish for centuries ..there is no comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

How about "extra-judicial killing" by the Irish? Are you claiming that their terrorism was sanctioned by the law at any point?
            Both sides were wrong
            British just gave their atrocities a legal coverup

Comment

Originally posted by nastle View Post

Both sides were wrong
              British just gave their atrocities a legal coverup
              Agreed up to a point; however, in that case the Brits were representing law and order and the Irish were not.

And no cause excuses killing innocents.
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

We have not been oppressing anyone in Muslim world like British were doing to Irish for centuries ..there is no comparison
                In the entire history of Ireland, the English/British are the heroes of the saga.
                Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

In the entire history of Ireland, the English/British are the heroes of the saga.
                  I agree to disagree and will just quote morrissey here

I've been dreaming of a time when
                  The English are sick to death of Labor, and Tories
                  And spit upon the name Oliver Cromwell
                  And denounce this royal line that still salute him
                  And will salute him forever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_..._English_Heart

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Agreed up to a point; however, in that case the Brits were representing law and order and the Irish were not.

And no cause excuses killing innocents.
                    I'm not justifying what IRA did but the lad and his father in this story were innocent

the average british trooper or policeman was just doing his duty of policing the empire just like any other soldier of any other empire in any other age , my beef is not with him.
                    Last edited by nastle; 03 Mar 19, 05:56.

Comment

I agree to disagree and will just quote morrissey here

I've been dreaming of a time when
                      The English are sick to death of Labor, and Tories
                      And spit upon the name Oliver Cromwell
                      And denounce this royal line that still salute him
                      And will salute him forever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_..._English_Heart
                      I guess he was still deeply addicted when he wrote that nonsense. Not that he was ever much good.
                      Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

I guess he was still deeply addicted when he wrote that nonsense. Not that he was ever much good.
                        he has always stayed away from drugs , infact he dismissed a band member back in 1980s for using them

Comment

he has always stayed away from drugs , infact he dismissed a band member back in 1980s for using them
                          Well, there went a good excuse for him.

Comment

Well, there went a good excuse for him.
                            excuse for what ?

Comment

excuse for what ?
                              Stupid lyrics.

Comment

Stupid lyrics.
                                he is merely pointing out how evil the british royals and ruling classes are, no sane person can disgree with him on that

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X