Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pruitt
    replied

Some people should be losing their jobs and get prosecuted. If they were operating under bureaucratic orders, arrest the bureaucrats.

Pruitt

Leave a comment:

• Bwaha
    replied
    Man I'm caring for my folks who're suffering from Alzheimer's. It's the toughest thing I've ever faced. There's zero hope of any recovery and each day holds the promise of more and deeper insanity. So if I'm intolerant of liberals take that into account...

I got enough of real insanity in my life to put up with to trolls.

Leave a comment:

• wolfhnd
    replied
    As best I can tell my 97 year old mother was ​​​​​euthanized in an expensive extended care facility. The process was to administer morphine until she stopped breathing.

Obviously it would have been more profitable to keep her alive so that motive can be ruled out. Her lungs had been badly damaged by years of asthma treatment and recurring severe pneumonia. She had been on oxygen for 6 months which also is not good for your lungs. My conclusion is that the doctor was unwilling to violate the living will conditions that prohibited "extended life support" and was also unwilling to see someone die slowly suffocating.

​​​​​​​The problem is this cannot be reduced to rational decisions. How much you suffer when in pain is partly dependent on temperament. There isn't a formula you can apply that will tell you who to help die and who to let suffer. All I can say is that I have sympathy for the doctors that have to make these decisions and at the same time concern about the slippery slope towards attitudes that do not respect life.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• johns624
    replied
    Originally posted by MarkV View Post
    What has this got to do with Modern wars and warfare? Can it be moved to where it belongs?
    I think he thinks he's in the other Europe subforum.

Leave a comment:

• MarkV
    replied
    What has this got to do with Modern wars and warfare? Can it be moved to where it belongs?

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X