Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welsh Guards to march on Red Square in WWII anniversary parade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Welsh Guards to march on Red Square in WWII anniversary parade

    This was a puzzler as it could have went into about three different places on the forum.

    But in passing, i sense a spot here as a great part of the cold war that occured, precluded this type an effort previously. Hence i believe it's applicable. Question is, as the article suggests; do we forgive and forget those turbulent periods following the great WW2 to encourage rapprochement through a celebration of an allied effort to defeat fascism.

    Or do we merely make lip service here, in the on-going international realpolitik of the 21st ce. As i am of a mind, that the cold war has not entirely vanished.

    NTL. Enjoy the article.

    Thanks.





    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-26071544/
    Last edited by Thunder Dome; 20 Mar 10, 14:19.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
    This was a puzzler as it could have went into about three different places on the forum.

    But in passing, i sense a spot here as a great part of the cold war that occured, precluded this type an effort previously. Hence i believe it's applicable. Question is, as the article suggests; do we forgive and forget those turbulent periods following the great WW2 to encourage rapprochement through a celebration of an allied effort to defeat fascism.

    Or do we merely make lip service here, in the on-going international realpolitik of the 21st ce. As i am of a mind, that the cold war has not entirely vanished.

    NTL. Enjoy the article.

    Thanks.





    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...1466-26071544/
    No I'm with you, the cold war has just disguised itself for a while. Have a look at Corsham recent and planned builds and hq's in UK sites and tell me that the plans up untl 2035 and the money invested off the defence budgets hidden in private finance innitiatives are for fighting bush wars. The units based there are interesting alone.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tuplovs were escorted out of UK mainland airspace by Tornado f3's only this week I believe...2 of em..not in UK airspace of old days, down Iceland Greenland gap of old...the old coningsby qra scramble and wave at em sort of thing...But over Ilse of Lewis and down to Northern Ireland...Seems coldwar is still ongoing. Never ended as such.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by urqh View Post
        Tuplovs were escorted out of UK mainland airspace by Tornado f3's only this week I believe...2 of em..not in UK airspace of old days, down Iceland Greenland gap of old...the old coningsby qra scramble and wave at em sort of thing...But over Ilse of Lewis and down to Northern Ireland...Seems coldwar is still ongoing. Never ended as such.
        Hello chummy,

        Tupolev TU-160 flew into Venezuela from Russia - how far would that be?, and how far is it from Venezuela to the Malvinas? - hmm..the Russian bear is stretching his paws.

        Regards
        Kruska

        Comment


        • #5
          Pretty big claws....They must have been scared stiff when they saw tornado f3 scrambled to escort them...Yep 2x 160's....Cruise missile, nuke standoff missiles, nuke bombs...Thats its raison detre...why its around...2 of em, over UK land base...Now someone tell me what USA would have done if Russian nuclear bombers overflew their landmass.....Send up 2 f5s....just for a laugh.......Russia obviously is so worried about UK armed forces and respects us so much, that it sends massive nuclear bombers over the UK. And we stand and watch em. No the cold war never ended...If anything its hotting up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by urqh View Post
            Pretty big claws....They must have been scared stiff when they saw tornado f3 scrambled to escort them...Yep 2x 160's....Cruise missile, nuke standoff missiles, nuke bombs...Thats its raison detre...why its around...2 of em, over UK land base...Now someone tell me what USA would have done if Russian nuclear bombers overflew their landmass.....Send up 2 f5s....just for a laugh.......Russia obviously is so worried about UK armed forces and respects us so much, that it sends massive nuclear bombers over the UK. And we stand and watch em. No the cold war never ended...If anything its hotting up.
            Hello urgh,

            don't fall for their tricks - it was all a diversion - their real target of interest are ...your........sheeps .

            But strange enough that during the good ol'days of the cold war - the most violated Nato airspace had always been that of Britain - what is it that you guys have that Germany didn't? - the nuke-sub bases?

            Regards
            Kruska

            Comment

            Latest Topics

            Collapse

            • Karri
              Prawn heads
              by Karri
              How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

              So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
              Today, 11:40
            • Jose50
              Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
              by Jose50
              Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
              Today, 08:41
            • Von Richter
              Sagittarius Rising...
              by Von Richter
              Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
              Today, 01:19
            Working...
            X